Spring Hill Coaching Job

jklivin

Sounds like you a relative of his. - Hoping he gets hired?????????????????

No - definitely not a relative of his nor do I know him - but a good friend of the Principal and AD at Marshall County. According to both of them, turchetta is a terrific person and my sources in that community told me he got screwed by the super. Facts are bearing this out. My opinion is based on a love for high schools sports - especially football - and for (apparently with the info I have received) a good coach/really person to get another chance with folks who will not be underhanded and out for power and control (like the super in Marshall County). So, based on that, I do hope he gets hired and they allow him to do what he does - maybe he can do at Spring Hill what he did at MCHS.

Edited by burgnova68

I stand corrected. The new coach will be hired before April 1st.

My source didn't communicate the information to me correctly.

Good Luck and I hope the Raiders rise again to become a good program.

So based on your information, whoever gets the SH job is going to have to fight the district administration? How is that even fair for the kids involved in the program? They need a very strong personality to fight for what is right, and a person who will find other ways to get things done - regardless of what the administration says! That person has been mentioned on this site many, many times!

The Director of Schools will make this hire. The principal will have input but the choice will be made in Columbia

If that is the case, then SH wil never have a chance - if the school is handled as second fiddle to Central - they aren't even in the same classification - let both schools have success - what is wrong with that?

SH has always played "second fiddle" to Columbia Central. The Director of schools is a Columbia boy through and through. The SH administration needs to have the nads to stand up.

Glad to see the advertisement for Head Coach has a broad range of classification endorsements.

SH is 2nd fiddle to Columbia? Is that because they win games? Is the academics in the schools 2nd fiddle also?