Spring Hill Coaching Job

jklivin

Very keen insight in regards to Roy Vick. Some people didn't like him (mostly those who were lazy or didn't do their jobs) but he knew how to run a school.

Aaron Hoath (Jason's brother) is not a certified teacher. He is a volunteer assitant and a heck of a good one at that. His work at Central with there strength and conditioning cannot be overlooked in their success. His is incredibly passionate (borderline insane ^_^ ) and the kids love him. He will no doubt follow Jason if he gets the job.

The lack of multi sport athletes is more on the kids than the school. It is that way nationwide. Baseball, basketball, and football are year around sports and require year around commitments. Coach Lamb (baseball) has no issue with his kids playing football and I know in the past he has even encouraged some to do so. Coach Young (basketball) not so much, but if a kid wants to play football he certainly will not tell them no. He will however let them know it could effect there playing time because of missed practices etc. etc.

Just to be clear, everyone should take a look at this past years roster about the multi-sport deal. Several basketball players and not too many baseball players.

I'm pretty sure that the principal and Hickman aren't on the same page as to who to hire. I was told that your boy at Mt. Pleasant isn't who was recommended for the job.

From a bit of inside knowledge (very little) - Callahan and Hickman are exactly on the same page regarding the hire. There is a great deal of speculation about the position - probably best to let the powers to be make the decision and then support whomever gets the job. Everyone will not be satisfied about the next HC - and I am quite sure lots will voice their opinion which is just fine - but the kids and current coachihng staff at SH need experience and decisive leadership right now. So let's all of us support the new coach when he is announced and root for the loyal athletes and coaches who are there and waited patiently for this to come to a resolution.

From a bit of inside knowledge (very little) - Callahan and Hickman are exactly on the same page regarding the hire. There is a great deal of speculation about the position - probably best to let the powers to be make the decision and then support whomever gets the job. Everyone will not be satisfied about the next HC - and I am quite sure lots will voice their opinion which is just fine - but the kids and current coachihng staff at SH need experience and decisive leadership right now. So let's all of us support the new coach when he is announced and root for the loyal athletes and coaches who are there and waited patiently for this to come to a resolution.

So reading between the lines of your quote: THEY NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE WITH MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A HEAD COACH?

Few of those that have been mentioned for the job has multiple years as a HEAD COACH. I would suggest they have two options to consider, GO YOUNG with Hoath or OLD with an experienced head coach.

Who do you have in mind?