David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

I dont think its fair to Peden to bring his name into the mix in this way. Nio facts exist for this discussion. Also Im not Peden so dont start accusing me. Also I believe at Goodpasture you must be church of christ this will limit the applicants dramatically. Good Luck I hope things go better in the near future.

Peden is church of christ......and goes to the same church a lot of powerful goodpasture folks attend. Connect the dots.......

Peden is church of christ......and goes to the same church a lot of powerful goodpasture folks attend. Connect the dots.......

Ding ding ding, we have winner.

What if this guy is not even interested? I believe he is on the staff at BGA now, he may have to take a pay cut to go to Goodpasture. It will be intresting to see what all the posters who are in the know will say if they hire someone else. I remember some in the CPA family were upset when the previous staff was dismissed two years ago with simular rumors, mad parents, lack of production, etc, the list goes on. Funny how only loosing 3 games in two years make some forget and forgive. Anyhow, if Martin is as good as you say he won't stay unemployed long, We have 2 openings in Williamson Cty for football. I guess time will tell.

I hope all the parents and kids get upset over this and leave the school...better yet Martin should go public with the real story. So everyone can see how these "christian" schools really are.

I am shocked that Slim hopes that Goodpasture falls apart right before they enter District 8A, you mean you'd want your main 2A competition to implode?

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction

I'm saying no to Arrington he teaches in metro and coached at Davidson now Goodpasture. Was head coach at a Clarksville school years ago. I'm still going with peden, and plenty of accounts of this deal being pre arranged. I hate it for peden if he does get it, will be tough to win over parents and players if they feel it was pre arranged.

Arrington was the head football coach at Friendship Christian in the late 80s-1990. He went to Cheatham County and because the head coach there through the mid 90s. He departed CCCHS and started up the football program at Kenwood in 1997 and coached there through the early 00s. He has since coached at Springfield, Davidson Academy, and Goodpasture. The year he coached at Springfield the Yellow Jackets had a 10-0 campaign under Offutt. After he left they dropped out tremendously and wound up hiring Myers from Goodpasture. Arrington was a winner at FCS, CCCHS, and KHS if you look at the record books. I believe Goodpasture could do much worse than Terry Arrington.

Just remember that I said the name Phillip Anthony for the next Head Coach at Goodpasture. He has been apart of some winning programs in his coaching career.

Please give us more details. How does 2004-2006 assistant head coach at Pope John Paul and 2010-2011 assistant head coach at Ezell Harding translate into "He has been apart of some winning programs in his coaching career" ???

An announcement could come as soon as next week. Arrington is not on the short list. The post about Ezell assistant Anthony coming is just wrong information. If he is even interviewed, it will not be for the head coaching position. Reports are that Pedan could be wavering after hearing about a current junior class full of cancer. GP will be much better off when those guys are gone.