David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

I heard from a very reliable source that former player Phillip Anthony has been contacted about the job. He has been assistant at Pope John Paul, Jo Byrns, and Ezell Harding. He played for Martin and understands the tradition of the program.

He might be an assistant. I think Peden is the leader in the clubhouse right now for HC. Unless they can get the guy in the khaki shorts............

I dont think its fair to Peden to bring his name into the mix in this way. Nio facts exist for this discussion. Also Im not Peden so dont start accusing me. Also I believe at Goodpasture you must be church of christ this will limit the applicants dramatically. Good Luck I hope things go better in the near future.

2 coaches that I have a great deal of respect for are Coach Martin (Goodpasture) and Coach McCadams (Lipscomb). Both have always had successful programs and done it with CLASS!

I completely agree on McAdams and would typically agree on Martin however the whole debacle at the beginning of the season (which was conspicuously swept under the rug and kept from the public) then letting those boys back on the team leads me to believe that maybe winning was more important then doing it the right way. I realize this is just a blip on a long career but allowing a decent amount of players back on a team and in to the starting lineup when they would have been booted from most programs is questionable at best. Still odd that he is forced out with that track record, even odder that none of the other jobs in the area have snagged him up, but maybe the GP community didn't take to kindly to the handling of that situation.

Coach Martin did not want to allow the players that were suspended back on the team. This was a direct command from the top administrator. Coach Martin wanted to allow them back on after the season was over and after they worked their way back into the program. When they cam back it caused many problems on the team and the team chemistry was destroyed. It was a wonder they did as well as they did. For those who question, yes he was forced out. Why would a coach resign in the middle of the school year, unless he had another opportunity already lined up, which he does not at this time. He was ask on Wednesday to clean out his office and tell the players he would not be the coach at Goodpasture. Some way to treat a man who has done so much for the school.

Coach Martin did not want to allow the players that were suspended back on the team. This was a direct command from the top administrator. Coach Martin wanted to allow them back on after the season was over and after they worked their way back into the program. When they cam back it caused many problems on the team and the team chemistry was destroyed. It was a wonder they did as well as they did. For those who question, yes he was forced out. Why would a coach resign in the middle of the school year, unless he had another opportunity already lined up, which he does not at this time. He was ask on Wednesday to clean out his office and tell the players he would not be the coach at Goodpasture. Some way to treat a man who has done so much for the school.

Coach Martin,

We know you have won us 3 state titles and been runner-up 5 times. Because of some parents that have complained of your discipline that will help them in life realize that there are consequences to certain actions, you are being relieved of your duties.

Merry Xmas.

Signed,

Goodpasture Administration.

This is a travesty.

It would be awesome if Martin's "new team" has Goodpasture on the schedule next season. Goodpasture's next coach will be Terry Arrington. You heard it here first!

What team is he going to? From reading the other posts about his being wrongfully terminated,quality of coach, etc..... he should be hired quickly with his record. Who is Arrington?

He will land on his feet for sure. Thought he wanted Lebanon . Will be interesting to see where he lands. I'm saying no to Arrington he teaches in metro and coached at Davidson now Goodpasture. Was head coach at a Clarksville school years ago. I'm still going with peden, and plenty of accounts of this deal being pre arranged. I hate it for peden if he does get it, will be tough to win over parents and players if they feel it was pre arranged.

Goodpasture lost a good coach and they sound totally classless.

I dont think its fair to Peden to bring his name into the mix in this way. Nio facts exist for this discussion. Also Im not Peden so dont start accusing me. Also I believe at Goodpasture you must be church of christ this will limit the applicants dramatically. Good Luck I hope things go better in the near future.

Peden is church of christ......and goes to the same church a lot of powerful goodpasture folks attend. Connect the dots.......