David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

Arrington was the head football coach at Friendship Christian in the late 80s-1990. He went to Cheatham County and because the head coach there through the mid 90s. He departed CCCHS and started up the football program at Kenwood in 1997 and coached there through the early 00s. He has since coached at Springfield, Davidson Academy, and Goodpasture. The year he coached at Springfield the Yellow Jackets had a 10-0 campaign under Offutt. After he left they dropped out tremendously and wound up hiring Myers from Goodpasture. Arrington was a winner at FCS, CCCHS, and KHS if you look at the record books. I believe Goodpasture could do much worse than Terry Arrington.

Myers came to Springfield from Hillsboro, not Goodpasture.

An announcement could come as soon as next week. Arrington is not on the short list. The post about Ezell assistant Anthony coming is just wrong information. If he is even interviewed, it will not be for the head coaching position. Reports are that Pedan could be wavering after hearing about a current junior class full of cancer. GP will be much better off when those guys are gone.

Nothing personal, don't think Coach Anthony would be a candidate.

I don't think Peden is wavering. If he is offered the position, he would jump at it.

What I can't understand is........why would you fire or force out David Martin to hire David Peden? That's just mind boggling.

• Upvote 1

Yes it is mind boggling. David Pedan is not an upgrade or even close to what they had. He has only two years experience as a head coach and that was at powerhouse MTCS where he had a losing record. The most important part of Pedan's resume is where he attends church. That group has really been the issue. They will find out what they lost in the coming months.

I never said Myers came from Goodpasture. I said Myers took the Springfield job after Offutt and Arrington left.

Arrington was the head football coach at Friendship Christian in the late 80s-1990. He went to Cheatham County and because the head coach there through the mid 90s. He departed CCCHS and started up the football program at Kenwood in 1997 and coached there through the early 00s. He has since coached at Springfield, Davidson Academy, and Goodpasture. The year he coached at Springfield the Yellow Jackets had a 10-0 campaign under Offutt. After he left they dropped out tremendously and wound up hiring Myers from Goodpasture. Arrington was a winner at FCS, CCCHS, and KHS if you look at the record books. I believe Goodpasture could do much worse than Terry Arrington.

You said it...maybe you just can't read it.

Edited by slimshady

You said it...maybe you just can't read it.

It meant after Arrington left Springfield the Yellow Jackets hired Myers. Arrington is still currently coaching at Goodpasture. How could he leave there?

Learn what you're commenting on before making dumb comments. Thanks!

Edited by howdoitknow2

It meant after Arrington left Springfield the Yellow Jackets hired Myers. Arrington is still currently coaching at Goodpasture. How could he leave there?

Learn what you're commenting on before making dumb comments. Thanks!

You said it fool...get your foot out of your mouth and maybe we can understand you. Catfish

Edited by slimshady

Please give us more details. How does 2004-2006 assistant head coach at Pope John Paul and 2010-2011 assistant head coach at Ezell Harding translate into "He has been apart of some winning programs in his coaching career" ???

When he was Pope John Paul II that was when they started their football program and had the only 3 winning seasons in school history. And in his first year at Ezell it was the first time they made playoffs since 2005. He was also a baseball assistant at Goodpasture from 1999-2002. He coached my sons for 2 years. So I have gotten to know him very well and he would be a great hire for Goodpasture.