Possible region 1 finals matches.

Buzz19

Brown hasn't shown anything impressive from greenville and i heard Taylor was just injured. I doubt a kid with that much talent would just quit.

He did quit. He had natural talent, but could use a little more in the work ethic department. I don't understand how you could waste natural talent like that either, but it happens all the time in this sport. Some just can't hack it when they have to put in the extra hard work.

I predict Corbin will replace him at 120 and do just as well. He weighed in at 122.5 last week, so should be there this weekend at Alcoa. I look forward to seeing him excell over the next 3 1/2 years. He's one of the smartest, most humble, young wrestlers I've ever had the opportunity to be around. And he has some great support behind him in his family! Good people that want the best for their kids! This kid will do big things.

Edited by KingGreene

really I dont think anyone on this thread is blowing anyone up to be superman it was an opinion thread and though the state placers will do great everyone knows about them in this region and they will continue to succeed the others are the ones that maybe not everyone knows about but have shown some good upside this year and people are recognizing it regardless of who they were stuck behind last year when some of these kids would have done well as well at state... The thread asked for this years opinion and that is all I have seen anyone give... merry Christmas all!

He did quit. He had natural talent, but could use a little more in the work ethic department. I don't understand how you could waste natural talent like that either, but it happens all the time in this sport. Some just can't hack it when they have to put in the extra hard work.

I predict Corbin will replace him at 120 and do just as well. He weighed in at 122.5 last week, so should be there this weekend at Alcoa. I look forward to seeing him excel over the next 3 1/2 years. He's one of the smartest, most humble, young wrestlers I've ever had the opportunity to be around. And he has some great support behind him in his family! Good people that want the best for their kids! This kid will do big things.

King--I appreciate your compliments of Corbin. Even if I am a bit biased, I will agree. He is a great kid who expects a lot from himself and always gives 100%. I will let his wrestling speak for itself, he's had a lot of very close matches that could go either way. He is a freshman but realizes he has a lot to learn to get to the level he expects to be. And yes he will be at 120.

THS, like a lot of other teams, will have a lot of movement in the lineup now that the additional 2 lbs. are in play. Unfortunately, Taylor did quit.

THS should have a few in the finals at region and there may be a few suprises. I won't make any specific predictions but with some adjustments we have a few who that may suprise at region.

And since no one will go out on a limb with HWT, I will be the first. I predict that someone from region 1 will win gold. Look out for Baggs from THS!

Edited by tmarshall7
  • Upvote 1

King--I appreciate your compliments of Corbin. Even if I am a bit biased, I will agree. He is a great kid who expects a lot from himself and always gives 100%. I will let his wrestling speak for itself, he's had a lot of very close matches that could go either way. He is a freshman but realizes he has a lot to learn to get to the level he expects to be. And yes he will be at 120.

THS, like a lot of other teams, will have a lot of movement in the lineup now that the additional 2 lbs. are in play. Unfortunately, Taylor did quit.

THS should have a few in the finals at region and there may be a few suprises. I won't make any specific predictions but with some adjustments we have a few who that may suprise at region.

And since no one will go out on a limb with HWT, I will be the first. I predict that someone from region 1 will win gold. Look out for Baggs from THS!

With the exception of Hurley, who else from THS will move down?

With the exception of Hurley, who else from THS will move down?

I have seen Hurley wrestle two years now. He is always a tough opponent. I like how he wrestles and was surprised his weight was that low. I wish him the best. He will be tough now and in the future. I think it's too early to predict several teams from this region. With movement at TH, Greeneville, and several other schools, what will it look like? It will be fun no matter what. Good luck and stay healthy. The flu has affected Greeneville. At THS, they had 3 out and two wrestled sick (recovering). They may not go to Alcoa, I heard. It knocked me down about 4 days ago and I'm still only about 50%. Keep them healthy!