Class A boys rankings-who agrees with the first AP poll?

Vandychris

your arguement sounds a lot like middle & east TN teams for football. West tn teams go all season playing nobody's and being ranked in the top 10 while teams from middle & east beat up on each other before arriving in cookeville and routinely donkey stomping west TN best in the blue cross bowl.

As for Watertown, they're from district 8 and was the last team to beat last years STATE CHAMPS, Friendship Christian. I believe they graduated 1 sr off last yrs district champ team. They are good but not great. Their schedule is VERY soft and could haunt them come Feb & March.

Yea I agree with you somewhat about the football thing..But if I remember correctly South Pitsburg didn't donkey stomp Union City about 3 or 4 yrs ago,and they was heaivlly favored that year.So at least the west does compete in football while the East don't even belong on the same floor as West in Basketball from what I've seen at the Borro..Some of the Middle competes preety good..But..This year ill give the east about a 30% chance to win Gold in single a because the west is preety young this year as in Union City, Lake Co.,TCA, Humboldt but very talented and well coached..Then u. Got Memphis Mitchell going to single a next year..So what I'm saying u better get it done this year because if u don't its Good Night Irene!

Greenfield is like 11-3 with wins at Humboldt...and at Lake Co.....we also beat Union City....and yet, the Jackets arent ranked....somethings wrong.

Volfan...I too think your Jackets deserve some consderation...most likely several of the voters have met Greenfieldfan and are holding that against Greenfield. I truly believe the Yellowjackets are amongst the top ten teams in the state. If they can continue to play as they were before Christmas...think eventually they will get noticed. District 14A has never been more wide-open in my memory. Believe there are legitimately 6 teams with a chance on any given night that can beat any of the other 5 if they are playing well.

Yea I agree with you somewhat about the football thing..But if I remember correctly South Pitsburg didn't donkey stomp Union City about 3 or 4 yrs ago,and they was heaivlly favored that year.So at least the west does compete in football while the East don't even belong on the same floor as West in Basketball from what I've seen at the Borro..Some of the Middle competes preety good..But..This year ill give the east about a 30% chance to win Gold in single a because the west is preety young this year as in Union City, Lake Co.,TCA, Humboldt but very talented and well coached..Then u. Got Memphis Mitchell going to single a next year..So what I'm saying u better get it done this year because if u don't its Good Night Irene!

id say they got it done last year, Irene !! Edited by Volzchamps

Volfan...I too think your Jackets deserve some consderation...most likely several of the voters have met Greenfieldfan and are holding that against Greenfield. I truly believe the Yellowjackets are amongst the top ten teams in the state. If they can continue to play as they were before Christmas...think eventually they will get noticed. District 14A has never been more wide-open in my memory. Believe there are legitimately 6 teams with a chance on any given night that can beat any of the other 5 if they are playing well.

I agree except the part about meeting Greenfieend fan....lol..A good guy.

I agree.Not as good as in recent years but still have some great young talent.Think several of the teams will be back as early as next year and being the top tier type teams.Certainly within two years .

Just from remembering last years state tourney, wartburg and cloudland were fairly weak teams, honestly I thought the only "good" teams were Lake County and BTW, but Lake County was badly outcoached against Perry Co. Single A definitely down this year. District 10A is the worst I have ever seen this year.

You mean that "fairly weak" Cloudland team that lost to a one loss McEwen team by one point on a free throw with 2 seconds left?

Expect to see Cloudland at MTSU come mid March. And if they get a favorable match up or two, I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them in the final. They remind me a lot of the '04 Unaka team, except not quite as strong in the post but maybe alittle better behind the arc.