District 3-A

olerockyrebel

HARRIMAN WINS 72-53!!!!!!!!!! The BIG BLUE never trailed in this game and they completely shut Grace's stars down! Congratulations to Xavier Howard on being tournament MVP and 3 others for Harriman being selected all-tournament team!!!

Harriman will host Oliver Springs in the first round of the Region Tournament Saturday at 7PM @ Richard Pickell Gymnasium and will face the winner of the Rockwood vs Wartburg game, which could be a great game!!

Congrats to the Blue Devils on their 3rd district title in the past 4 years!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! So much for a Wartburg vs. Grace Semi- Final. The Region Tournament should be interesting just the same. Coach K gets a third shot at the chess board against Wartburg, Grace hosts a dangerous Coalfield team that can put a lot of points on the board if you don't defend well (especially if you don't rebound hard on the defensive end), Midway visits Sunbright, and Oliver Springs goes to Harriman.

My predictions in the first rounds are somewhat boring because I believe the 1s and 2s hold serve, but there will be a couple of close calls. I think Midway will keep it close against Sunbright, but the Tigers pull away late by 8. Harriman over OS by 21. Too much X and on their court. Grace will get Coalfield, but only by 5 and in a nail biter really late at the foul line. And even though I think they will lead through the first 3 quarters, I believe Rockwood will get overpowered by a strong Wartburg team and lose by 4. We'll see. I also thought Oneida would beat Oliver Springs 15 in the district tournament opener. LOL!!!

What do Ya'll think?

sounds to me like grace threw the game to stay away from wartburg.. just my opinon

That'd be the best thing to say after a smack down like that!! But that's ok if they did because: TO BE THE BEST YOU GOTTA PLAY THE BEST!

Getting out of Wartburg's quad isn't going to make it a cake walk by any means! They've got a stiff quad up there too

That'd be the best thing to say after a smack down like that!! But that's ok if they did because: TO BE THE BEST YOU GOTTA PLAY THE BEST!

Getting out of Wartburg's quad isn't going to make it a cake walk by any means! They've got a stiff quad up there too

True, to be the best you have to beat the best. But I can see his logic somewhat; they wouldn't have a potential game with Wartburg until the Region Championship, which isn't a win or go home game. Not taking sides, just saying...

sounds to me like grace threw the game to stay away from wartburg.. just my opinon

GCA didn't "throw" the district championship game. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 1st time GCA has been eligible for the title after coming off probation. There's no way they would throw that opportunity away. GCA doesn't have the team this year to make a deep run, so there's no reason to "throw" a game, we can't afford to do that. Hairy-man was better and deserved the championship.

Edited by gcapride

True, to be the best you have to beat the best. But I can see his logic somewhat; they wouldn't have a potential game with Wartburg until the Region Championship, which isn't a win or go

home game. Not taking sides, just saying...

They could have played Wartburg in the semi's if they had won, though. I hope they didn't throw that game just to avoid a "possible", not even definite, match-up. That's almost like throwing everything you worked for through the season down the toilet. I pray their coaches have more integrity than that. I know Wartburg is good, but come on, have more confidence in your kids than that. I;m not taking sides either, but I am of the mind Harriman is playing better ball now, they are probably peaking, and Grace had an off night. I wasn't there, but from what I wz'as told the Devils had much more than just the X factor going. I was a little surprised by the margin, but not by the champ. Remember, they did split with Grace during the season. And, like I said in an earlier post, I really felt like Harriman was the stronger team in D3 even though they finished 3rd in the regular season.

Congratulations to the Harriman Blue Devilseth. Three in a row.That's quite an accomplishment. Wartburg was going for that, also but fell short. That says a lot about the Sunbright Tigers; to stand in the way of that and get the biggest win of the season.

Edited by coachjeffers