Callie Hackett 8AA MVP

brutal

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The matchup does not just include points. Hackett if I remember correctly, guarded Sissom while Sissom guarded a freshman that hasn't played much this season. The MVP isn't just a player who scores at will but a player that also plays tough defense the entire game. So Callie is te only one who fits the description.

Sissom is a great 8aa player but like it was stated before she didnt guard Hackett and Hackett did guard Sissom most of the game.Great game with both teams giving there all for their respected teams. Congrats to the Lady Owls what a big game, if not the biggest win in SCHS that I can remember in a long time.

Hey Loudfan I think you are right in your opinion the game would have been different if Sissom had guarded Hackett. I'm just going to say that coach Dodgen(who is a great coach) obviously didn't think Sissom could handle Hackett. Callie Hackett should be the 8AA MVP. She does all aspects of the game 100% of the time and it pays off she is the best contender for the title.

Haven't really looked at the District standings much, but I believe she is VERY deserving of the award. Her or Sissom either one. I do think if they were to finish in the top three that she could end up as the MVP and that wouldn't bother me at all. What was the final last night? Know Smith was up one at half or something like that.

Yes Hackett guarded Sissom and yes she had 25. Sissom is a terrific scorer and will always have her points but over winter break Sissom had two games with like 40 or more points. So Callie may not have held her scoreless but she made her earn every point and work and use alot of energy to score the ball.