Callie Hackett 8AA MVP

brutal

I think Hackett is doing just fine where she is, no need for her to go anywhere. I had a chance to see Smith Co. play once this year, and she was very impressive. Does a great job of getting to the foul line. I would not be surprised one bit to see Smith Co make it to state this year. Do I think they can win it all, I doubt it.

As for Coach Brown goes, I believe he is one of the best high school coach around, not just TN, in the whole country. I have witnessed with my own two eyes. time after time, him develop young players into dominant high school players. I have had 3 sisters play for him, and if he is still coaching by the time I have daughters, I would love for them to play for him.

Not meant as a knock on Smith Co's coach at all, I'm sure he is a fine coach.

Edited by bob77

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hackett is doing just fine where she is, no need for her to go anywhere. I had a chance to see Smith Co. play once this year, and she was very impressive. Does a great job of getting to the foul line. I would not be surprised one bit to see Smith Co make it to state this year. Do I think they can win it all, I doubt it.

As for Coach Brown goes, I believe he is one of the best high school coach around, not just TN, in the whole country. I have witnessed with my own two eyes. time after time, him develop young players into dominant high school players. I have had 3 sisters play for him, and if he is still coaching by the time I have daughters, I would love for them to play for him.

Yeah i'm sure you're right Bob. Maybe he will man up and play us again some day :popcorneater:

I don't think anybody would argue with how good of a coach Brown is. The problem is the bashing of SC's coach. I don't think many..if any is as good as Jim Brown. His success bears that out. Brown does not face the problems that Smith does here. You have 6 elementary schools and 6 different teams and 2 high schools that are not zoned. They play the majority of their games against each other. You don't have great cooperation from those schools with the high school. The development of an AAU program has closed the gap somewhat...but there is still a big gap. I'm not referring to you bob..

Edited by Antwan

It will be interesting to watch Hackett and Sissom battle it out next year also, with Smith at Central being another premier point guard in the district.

Yes...8AA will be absolutely loaded next year...also with the addition of Macon. Very tough top to bottom.

Edited by Antwan

Yes...8AA will be absolutely loaded next year...also with the addition of Macon. Very tough top to bottom.

Didn't realize Macon was coming back to 8AA but you're right this will be one of the toughest districts if not the toughest district in the state! Macon County has a very good girls program from the 5th grade on up. Just getting out of the district will be tough next year. How many players does Dodgen lose at Cannon after this year?

I think you know why we don't play...agree with it or not. SC would not have challenged JC in recent years until now...so really nothing lost.

So explain to me why Smith County is home after round 1 of the district tournament Antwan. If this coach is so good how is this possible? The last time Coach Brown was in this district he won 4 state championships in a row! If I had a daughter that was a good ball player and lived remotely close to Gainesboro that's where she would play. Jim Brown sends more players to college on a scholarship than all the other coaches combined in the Upper Cumberland and they get a chance to play for a state championship almost every year. First round exit of the DISTRICT tournament is unacceptable to me but thats just me.