Officials. Please someone HELP!

TNHSfan

You did that when you put your child in a PRIVATE school. They MUST be held to a higher standard!!!

Your answer explains the whole problem. It's not that the kids should be expected to "have arrived" at a higher level of morality. We put them in that environment to pursue & learn what God wants of them. Much the same as you going to church. It's not because you are perfect, but because you acknowledge your need for a savior. I don't know why I spend my time explaining this over and over. You will have a comeback regardless.

GeorgeBailey you might as well be talking to a piece of wood. Read an article yesterday about "why does everyone hate the New England Patriots" and the bottom line (although many reasons were listed) is because they are winning and a great team. Same with FC these past 2 years. No one cared about them until they started winning state championships. Only THEN do all the "you recruit, you cheat, shouldn't be playing in our division, T$$AA, etc" comes out. Like all high school sports teams (due to graduation) FC will have their dark days again just like where Trousdale is right now.

• Upvote 1

And since I was the one who started this thread, go back to the very first entry. FC lost that game because we stink at free throws and Trousdale isn't just good at them, they are GREAT at them. I didn't blame the loss on the officials. FC could have put the game away themselves even with the bad officials. Same was true from the highly controversial FC @ Boyd Buchanan 2011 playoff football game. Biggest example in history of bad officials BUT Boyd lost because they couldn't "put the game away" when they had the chance. Not because a clueless official blew the call on the very last play.

• Upvote 1

Ppl around here thought FC was unfair bc of recruiting. They are going to really flip out when they see what goodpasture does with Nashville area recruiting. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener. I'd much rather have kept FC in our region and district due to great gates, competitive matches, and they are only 20 minutes away. Now we gotta go to Nashville. Gates won't be near as good. I think they will dominate all sports in our region. They'll walk to state in baseball for sure.

GeorgeBailey you might as well be talking to a piece of wood. Read an article yesterday about "why does everyone hate the New England Patriots" and the bottom line (although many reasons were listed) is because they are winning and a great team. Same with FC these past 2 years. No one cared about them until they started winning state championships. Only THEN do all the "you recruit, you cheat, shouldn't be playing in our division, T$$AA, etc" comes out. Like all high school sports teams (due to graduation) FC will have their dark days again just like where Trousdale is right now.

nobody ever accuses MJCA or The King's Academy of recruiting/cheating because they suck at everything

nobody ever accuses MJCA or The King's Academy of recruiting/cheating because they suck at everything

That's because MJCA and TKA are both Division II, and can give scholarships however they see fit.

Oh and TKA WAS actually busted for recruiting in basketball sometime in the 80's if I'm not mistaking, when the played in the old Smokey Mountain District.

That's because MJCA and TKA are both Division II, and can give scholarships however they see fit.

Oh and TKA WAS actually busted for recruiting in basketball sometime in the 80's if I'm not mistaking, when the played in the old Smokey Mountain District.

Here's another common misconception. The aid that is awarded in DII is only for students' families with a demonstrated financial need. They have to complete the FAFSA form similar to college students and show that they can't afford the tuition. It is NOT based on their athletic ability.

Here's another common misconception. The aid that is awarded in DII is only for students' families with a demonstrated financial need. They have to complete the FAFSA form similar to college students and show that they can't afford the tuition. It is NOT based on their athletic ability.

And the term scholarship is actually misleading. Even financial aid is misleading. I am doing this financial aid for next school year.

The school or bank or lending institution does not send your family a check and then your sign it over to the school. The school looks at the recommendation of the Independant auditor (most schools in TN use the same company) on how much the student's family can pay based on previous year's tax returns. The school can accept the whole amount or part of the amount. The school just absorbs the accepted amount.

example.

Tuition is 10,000

Financial ability of student based on Tax records for previous year 7,000

The school accepts 7,000 from the student. The 3,000 is absorbed by the school. Is there a fund in the school's budget that will offset this value. Absolutley.

I would be willing to state that there are just as many parents of the particular private school students that are upset about some students not paying full tuition.

And the term scholarship is actually misleading. Even financial aid is misleading. I am doing this financial aid for next school year.

The school or bank or lending institution does not send your family a check and then your sign it over to the school. The school looks at the recommendation of the Independant auditor (most schools in TN use the same company) on how much the student's family can pay based on previous year's tax returns. The school can accept the whole amount or part of the amount. The school just absorbs the accepted amount.

example.

Tuition is 10,000

Financial ability of student based on Tax records for previous year 7,000

The school accepts 7,000 from the student. The 3,000 is absorbed by the school. Is there a fund in the school's budget that will offset this value. Absolutley.

I would be willing to state that there are just as many parents of the particular private school students that are upset about some students not paying full tuition.

I don't think FC has a "fund" for this. I'm sure others who have been giving aid for a while have one. This is unchartered territory for FC. It will be interesting. As the Pres told me, any current family can apply but they'll have to show "need" according to the FAFSA or whatever it's called in high school.