District 3AAA

DyronNix

Interesting that both OR district losses are at home. I would say the OR gym is the toughest one to play in because of the visuals.

What do you mean by visuals? Well, we have to understand that every night out that we have a bullseye on our back and we need to come ready to play every night. We can't just step on the court and expect to win against these teams. I think our kids are still realizing that. You would've thought Karns won the state title after the game in how they celebrated. They earned the win, though.

What do you mean by visuals? Well, we have to understand that every night out that we have a bullseye on our back and we need to come ready to play every night. We can't just step on the court and expect to win against these teams. I think our kids are still realizing that. You would've thought Karns won the state title after the game in how they celebrated. They earned the win, though.

1st, OR is one of only 2 district school, I think, (Clinton is the other one) that uses those backboards. And just the layout of the gym. Full sets of bleachers on 3 sides. It's a fantastic place to play. Can't think of any other place in Knox/Anderson that is like that. It's definitely an advantage to the home team.

1st, OR is one of only 2 district school, I think, (Clinton is the other one) that uses those backboards. And just the layout of the gym. Full sets of bleachers on 3 sides. It's a fantastic place to play. Can't think of any other place in Knox/Anderson that is like that. It's definitely an advantage to the home team.

I do love our stadium. The best i have been to, personally. Science Hill is right up there, but i still like ours better.

Central has four sides in their gym.

Ok, AC is 0-10 in district. Why? They played a good game last night vs. CC. Besides HVA they are the most dissapointing team in the district. Am I wrong? Then I put OR as the 3rd most dissapointing.

Ha Ha you are correct. Grace also has seats on all 4 sides and they use the single arm goals.

Central has four sides in their gym.

Ok, AC is 0-10 in district. Why? They played a good game last night vs. CC. Besides HVA they are the most dissapointing team in the district. Am I wrong? Then I put OR as the 3rd most dissapointing.

They aren't disappointing to me, CC. OR that is. We are playing about how i envisioned us to. I just think you underestimated some of the other teams in the district. If being 9-2 in the district and 17-4 overall with losses to SH, Melrose and 2 very good district teams? I don't call that very disappointing lol...The only thing i'm disappointed in are the 2 losses at home. I've been telling you all year that you overestimated us. I watch OR every night they play for the most part for the past 3 years. I still think we are far from hitting our ceiling, so that's a good thing. By the time we get to the district tourney we should be there. It also hasn't helped us with Demaurey McClanahan being out for the past 2-3 games, either. To me, he runs the point better then any of our other guys, including Hall.He takes care of the ball better then any of the other guys. We had the Karns game won and Hall made a few not so fundamental plays with the ball and the game got away from us. If we had of just taken care of the ball better we win that game, but became careless and thre it away a few times. Just bad fundamental basketball. Demaurey doesn't make a lot of mistakes like that with the ball. I'm just knoitpicking now, though lol Plus, he plays lockdown defense, too. I hope he comes back soon.

Edited by SweetScience

They aren't disappointing to me, CC. OR that is. We are playing about how i envisioned us to. I just think you underestimated some of the other teams in the district. If being 9-2 in the district and 17-4 overall with losses to SH, Melrose and 2 very good district teams? I don't call that very disappointing lol...The only thing i'm disappointed in are the 2 losses at home. I've been telling you all year that you overestimated us. I watch OR every night they play for the most part for the past 3 years. I still think we are far from hitting our ceiling, so that's a good thing. By the time we get to the district tourney we should be there. It also hasn't helped us with Demaurey McClanahan being out for the past 2-3 games, either. To me, he runs the point better then any of our other guys, including Hall.He takes care of the ball better then any of the other guys. We had the Karns game won and Hall made a few not so fundamental plays with the ball and the game got away from us. If we had of just taken care of the ball better we win that game, but became careless and thre it away a few times. Just bad fundamental basketball. Demaurey doesn't make a lot of mistakes like that with the ball. I'm just knoitpicking now, though lol Plus, he plays lockdown defense, too. I hope he comes back soon.

I know, I was was just trying to get u going. LOL Youre right, the only thing im dissapointed about is those 2 home losses. they have to protcect that floor. You have to hope someone knocks off Powell before you play them or theres no chance at 1st. Your right, I thought this was THE team in our area. I still think it can be too. Just cant explain those two losses tho. Again, I knew this would get the discussion going again. I'f rather be a dissapointing 9-2 than a dissapointing 0-10. LOL Just cant figure out AC and HVA stratagies? HVA, should be in the top 3 in the district with their size and leadership.

AC lost four starters from a team that finished 2-14 last year in the district. Their point guard was in a coma and expected to never play again. He started playing at Christmas. Why would they be a disappointment? They are just now hitting their stride and it showed against CC. Tournament time is all that matters. Karns and Halls this week will show if they are really improving.

I Understand all that Chill, but so did every other team in AAA. We all have to re-load and re-tool each year( except OR). Some of those other kids played minutes last year, and are now starting. I mean Clinton has improved, Central, CC and HVA, all stayed about the same, The upper crust stayed about the same, and we have not improved one bit. We havent beaten a AAA team all season 0-14. Coming off a 2-14 district season, im sorry, i would expect better. Also, the Hicks kid didnt participate in any summer stuff, wasnt even counted on as a player this year,so whomever he was replaced with, should have gotten alot of reps, thus improvement. I will admit, they have played alittle better the last couple times ive seen them, compared to the beginning of the year.

Even worse, What about HVA? If they can get it together around tourny time, I would not want to play them. There scary in warmups.