8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

I think the District MVP discussion will come a little closer to being decided tonight.

MVP: Atnip, Fullilove, Ramsey, or McCoin

Advancing teams: DC, LA, UHS, and CC

CoY: Martin, Miller, or McWilliams. I'm leaning towards Miller just for the simple fact that he lost the most players from last season.

Sleeper: Definitely Smith. If Carr, Huff, and J. Craighead are all hot, they can give teams problems. Props to York also, though. I just picked Smith because I feel that Craighead still hasn't reached 100 percent yet.

District Tourney: Going to make a very odd prediction here: the LOSER of tonight's game between DC and LA will win the district tourney.

^^^^ Called it!

I think Martin done the right thing sitting the two bigs but should have tried to stall the game & let the air out of the ball & close the half down 6 instead of 15. Coach Buck at Stone was one of the only coaches Ive seen do this around here. Bring in 5 guards & spread the crt. Howell's return showed heart & I dont think hurt the team. 1st good game Brock has had against Dekalb & Eldridge, Jolley helped share some of the scoring load of Mason. I still think we will have one more meeting & we all know it can go either way.

No offense to anyone, and yes, this is the only match-up between the two I have seen, but Livingston has two (maybe three with Eldridge) players that are match-up nightmares and are so tough to guard and maybe can't be guarded when they are inspired. I was impressed with #42's toughness, but there's no doubt who the best post on the floor is...no headband or shooting sleeve needed.

Can anybody say WOODSHED! LA whooped DC like they stole something. I thought Atnip has been dominant over Ramsey according to all the Dekalb faithful. Anytime Atnip got the ball inside he passed or got eat up. Soph Eldridge owned the glass & Ramsey had his way with anyone guarded him. Mccoin showed what he is capable of & fullilove was missing everything badly until his last few shots. Phillips, Roller, Zoolander all shot several airballs & yall want to throw the one player that showed the most heart under the bus lol! Martin is too hot headed & so are the players, they need to regain their composure & take care of signal mtn.

Can anybody say WOODSHED! LA whooped DC like they stole something. I thought Atnip has been dominant over Ramsey according to all the Dekalb faithful. Anytime Atnip got the ball inside he passed or got eat up. Soph Eldridge owned the glass & Ramsey had his way with anyone guarded him. Mccoin showed what he is capable of & fullilove was missing everything badly until his last few shots. Phillips, Roller, Zoolander all shot several airballs & yall want to throw the one player that showed the most heart under the bus lol! Martin is too hot headed & so are the players, they need to regain their composure & take care of signal mtn.

We don't play Signal Mtn. Check your facts, please. I'm looking forward to the chance to see Cannon again LYONHEART. Hope Melton is healthy by Saturday.

Also, I would love to know who Zoolander is. Haha!

Edited by dctiger

Lol at a Cannon fan 0-3 against us this season talking trash. Remember DC is still 2-1 against LA this year. LA played great tonight. No doubt about it, and Atnip had a bad night. Think I'm trying to make excuses? It was obvious. He stole the ball twice during chances for a late comeback and threw it straight back to the other team both times. He just seemed off. Howell did return with heart and I'd agree it didn't hurt the team, but he definitely passed up alot of shots he'd normally take. He loves those off the dribble threes and tonight I saw him look at so many of them and pass the ball off. He's not confident in his shot wiith the wrist wrapped. Overall I think unless something crazy happens DC and LA will be playing a fourth time after seeing the other region.

And to the comment about keeping the bigs out too long you hit the nail on the head. Took them out down by like 1 or something and then a few minutes later when we go down 6 I was thinking it's time to bring them back. When I realized he was going to wait until halftime I was already sensing it was bad. 15 points is letting it slip a little too far. Would've atleast put Sonni back in and let Atnip come in after half.

We don't play Signal Mtn. Check your facts, please. I'm looking forward to the chance to see Cannon again LYONHEART. Hope Melton is healthy by Saturday.

Also, I would love to know who Zoolander is. Haha!

Melton will probably be out but region brings in different refs so the reaching in by sonni & atnip will result in them being out as well! We will gladly meet again!

Melton will probably be out but region brings in different refs so the reaching in by sonni & atnip will result in them being out as well! We will gladly meet again!

Guess that means the blatant over the back fouls Cannon got away with will be called as well. We can go back and forth about fouls all night. Bottom line is that when Atnip picked up his fourth, Cannon chose to jack up jumpshots rather than post up or drive. Refs can't play the game for you.

Cannon had multiple opportunities to take the lead and didn't capitalize.