8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

Cannon's coach hurt them when he got the Tech in the 3rd. His team was hanging close and seemed to have the momentum.

Was a little disappointed in watching Dekalb, never really got a rhythm but that my be to Livingston's credit. From what I saw from LA is when Ramsey wants to play nobody can stop him. The run he made with 7 straight to open it up to 15 before half was impressive.

I was disappointed in us as well. Truly was a bad game if you've seen all of the games. Nothing would drop, careless passes. LA did play well, but we shot ourselves in the foot alot. The sitting out almost the whole second quarter for atnip and fullilove hurt bad. When the score got up to bein 15 down I said that's it. My girlfriend beside me said I shouldn't be saying that at halftime, but like I said to her. When you are playing LA you DO NOT want to go down by that much in the district championship. Ended up losing by sixteen. Just couldn't ever overcome it.

Not sure. They both had 2 fouls, but I definitely think when the score started getting like that I would've put atleast one of them back in.

Howell is our best at driving to the basket. He had 24, and 26 points the other two times we played LA. Tonight was his first night back and he still has a broken wrist that he had wrapped up. I don't even know if he SHOULD be back yet. It just happened four weeks ago tonight and he was told atleast four weeks rest. I'm assuming he was doing the smart thing to not get re-injured before region and didn't drive it. I'm ok with tonight, though. I think we will get our rematch and hopefully finish 3-1 against LA this season rather than 2-2.

Why were those two out for so long ? Foul trouble or what ? And I thought Dekalb could have drove in and score but kept jacking up 3 after 3

Remember finishing 2nd in the district tourney is the preferred spot given how weak the 7-AA teams are. 8-AA #1 seed and #3 will be on the same bracket side come region tournament while 8-AA #2 and #4 will be on the opposite side. Of course, if things hold true to what is expected in the consolation game whoever finishes 1st will have to beat Upperman in an elimination game in the Region Semi-final for a birth into the Sub-State round.

Hmmm......I'll say this LA will gladly win any championship they can! Will gladly play anybody that happens to be in our bracket LOL

Edited by SportsWatcher931

Hmmm......I'll say this LA will gladly win any championship they can! Will gladly play anybody that happens to be in our bracket LOL

That is clearly the right attitude.

At this point, I think DC has issues to overcome. Howell broke his wrist on the 25th. It will not be a month until next week. He should not be playing and until he is back to "normal" then we have issues creating space on the floor against a disciplined defense. That said, I would not read too much into the District championship score. Any objective party would admit that Ramsey is a nightmare and clearly the best player in the district but he cannot win games by himself as proved by the game at DC. I would say a healthy Howell would be the next best player in the district. Based upon the first two games, I think with a healthy Howell DC is slightly (and I mean slightly - say 2-3 points) better than LA but without his aggression and ability to space the floor LA should be favored by somewhere around 8 - 10 points.

With basketball, anything can happen. One hot hand can make a big difference. Round 4 hopefully will come soon.

DC looked bad last night. Due mostly to LA. Too many missed open shots and a ton of turnovers. LA was the best team last night without a doubt. DC has to get everything back together quick. Team basketball will guide DC and not individual basketball. Talking to someone after the game someone said players sit when they get 2 fouls. A Coach Martin rule whether I like it or not. Sonni and Braxton have to quit fouling or DC is in trouble. Either DC will struggle the rest of the way or this loss will motivate them the rest of the way. Within the week we will find out. Tiger 2013 ur comments were like that in football when we played LA. Most negative DC fan on here. Oh well everyone has their opinion. Best of luck DC and the rest of 8-AA. Hopefully we get to come back to Cookeville. Anybody know Rollers status for Saturday.

I definitely agree about Howell. His defense was still pretty good, but I think after a certain point they realized he wasn't going to be dangerous from three and that causes alot of defensive pressure on other players. I'm so used to seeing him just catch it and put it up. Last night he would catch it and look for a pass. Hopefully he'll continue to heal well. As for Roller I hope he's ok. It looked like it wasn't serious, but that was just by observation. Looked like he hit his elbow hard and got a stinger. Region doesn't worry me until we get into it and end up playing our own district again.

That is clearly the right attitude.

At this point, I think DC has issues to overcome. Howell broke his wrist on the 25th. It will not be a month until next week. He should not be playing and until he is back to "normal" then we have issues creating space on the floor against a disciplined defense. That said, I would not read too much into the District championship score. Any objective party would admit that Ramsey is a nightmare and clearly the best player in the district but he cannot win games by himself as proved by the game at DC. I would say a healthy Howell would be the next best player in the district. Based upon the first two games, I think with a healthy Howell DC is slightly (and I mean slightly - say 2-3 points) better than LA but without his aggression and ability to space the floor LA should be favored by somewhere around 8 - 10 points.

With basketball, anything can happen. One hot hand can make a big difference. Round 4 hopefully will come soon.

I like Howell but from playing Dekalb 3 times & LA twice. I would definetly take Mccoin over Howell & Eldridge seemed to have the best post moves in district aside from Ramsey with Jones being close.