David Vaughn is best high school player ever in tennessee

Chickhot

First off, David Vaughn is nowhere NEAR the best player ever out of Tennessee. Marlin Simms on his own high school team was a better high school player than David. Ron Mercer, Penny Hardaway, Sylvester Gray, Tony Delk, and MANY others were better high school players than David. And yes, I saw all of them. Taurean Moy out of BT Wash. scored 50 routinely. I am sure he has to still hold 3 point records. Too many to mention that had better high school careers than Vaughn or Vaughn Sr. for that matter.

Edited by bigchief

Guys Vaughn was mr basketball. Not these unknown players y'all talk about. Give me a player that mr basketball. Must have credibility.

Sylvester Gray, Ronald Jones, Penny Hardaway, Stanley Caldwell, Tony Delk, Cameron Crisp, Terrico White, John Jenkins, M.J. Brown, Joe Jackson, Reginald Bucker, Andre Allen, Jewaun Long, Willie Kemp.

Did anybody mention Marc Gasol??? I believe he is better then David Vaughn.

• Upvote 1

Guys Vaughn was mr basketball. Not these unknown players y'all talk about. Give me a player that mr basketball. Must have credibility.

If you call Sylvester Gray,Hardaway,Bedford,Delk,ect...unknown you must be a novice fan.Any basketball fan from Tennessee with enough age to be credible knows these names well.Any true fan could add serveral names to those listed as well,Corrie Johnson,Kirk Haston,Cannon Whitby,Steve Hamer,Branden Wright,Mike Rhodes,I could name serveral more in the same class as Vaughn but it's pointless.To proclaim him the best ever just makes you look silly. Edited by tradertwo