Indy forfeits to Ravenwood

cbg

What is the deal with Indy forfeiting to Ravenwood in the region dual finals. The Tennessean said that they had wrestled 2 times this season and Ravenwood won both matchs so the Indy coaching staff decided not to wrestle the match. What is the T$$AA and the Indy administration going to say about this? I know that a school did this in basketball several years and the coaching staff was terminated along with the school being fined. These are the type of stunts that give wrestling a bad reputation. Maybe we should ask the "Old Redheaded Fighter" Randy Thomas (Springfield) his opinion of forfeiting.

Edited by cbg

Yeah lets get that dude fired!!!! Horrible coach... What was he thinking? He is the first person ever to do this! He definitely wasn't thinking about what was best for his team. Wrestling all his JV/freshman in an exhibition match so the fans could still get something out of it was stupid too. Can't believe that guy. What a moron...

• Upvote 1

What is the deal with Indy forfeiting to Ravenwood in the region dual finals. The Tennessean said that they had wrestled 2 times this season and Ravenwood won both matchs so the Indy coaching staff decided not to wrestle the match. What is the T$$AA and the Indy adminstration going to say about this? I know that a school did this in basketball several years and the coaching staff was terminated along with the school being fined. These are the type of stunts that give wrestling a bad reputation. Maybe we should ask the "Old Redheaded Fighter" Randy Thomas (Springfield) his opinion of forfeiting.

I do believe that the Cleveland region did the same thing with Soddy forfeiting to Clevland. And i dont think its the first time that has been done in that region alone

I'm not an expert at Tennessee wrestling but I believe there are a few schools in the Chattanooga area that have done this before, even last year. I don't remember anyone having a problem then but i guess thats because it involved a school out there. Bottom line is he got Indy into states while other schools will be home practicing or watching from the fan section. Ask the other schools in region six that were suppose to be going to states and see if they would trade spaces with Indy.

Wish I had a chance for my team to forfeit the region championships. Gotta congratulate Grindstaff for making it back, especially after the early season woes. Wish Indy and Ravenwood the best of luck, represent Region 6 well.

Coach Grindstaff is a very good coach and develops his talent very well. Also as long as both coaches agree they can use a score from previous match to determine the winner. Sometimes it is just better for kids to not wrestle that Region final. Especially after using everything they had on the semi-final just getting into the State.

Edited by werazzlin
  • Upvote 1

Yeah lets get that dude fired!!!! Horrible coach... What was he thinking? He is the first person ever to do this! He definitely wasn't thinking about what was best for his team. Wrestling all his JV/freshman in an exhibition match so the fans could still get something out of it was stupid too. Can't believe that guy. What a moron...

Lol, too funny!!!!