AAA Dual Predictions

dca44

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. West, that's a presumptious score. The final score will depend on what weight they start at. I think CHS will forfiet 3 maybe 4. I predict 42 to 21. Whatcha think? Go Raiders !!

I should have been more clear in my post. This isn't my prediction for the match in the 1st round of the state championship. This is the results from when these two teams met on January 4th a few weeks back at the Jones Center. There were some forfeits during that match, hopefully we will see a full line-up at state.

In the previous match-up, all three of Cordova's ranked wrestlers competed. Smith upset Stevison at 120 for their only win, Aaron Oliver won a decision against Mayes, and West pinned Davis seconds into the 2nd period. Blansit, VonPotts, Stukanov, and Kennedy all won their matches by pins. Gaither at 220 received a forfeit. Cleveland has highly ranked wrestlers at the remaining weights with Debian, Austin Oliver, Haden Hamilton, Taylor, Simpkins, Josh Hamilton, and Lopez so IMO they are clearly the favorites in their weight classes. I expect another lop-sided score in this 1st round match-up,

Smith earned Cordova's only points the last time these two teams met and I'm not sure if he can upset a healthy Stevison at state and if he bumps up a class he will face #1 Austin Oliver. Mayes will either face #3 Taylor or #4 Aaron Oliver again, who already has a head-to-head win over him, or possbily Simpkins who has been ranked as high as #3 this year. Davis will either face #1 West, who he lost to by pin in their last meeting, or bump to #4 Stukanov. Its just a bad match-up for Cordova because of where their best wrestlers are in the line-up..

IMO opinion I don't see Cordova scoring 21 points in this match.

Go Raiders!!

How many years do you have to go back to find a State Duals finals that Cleveland, Bradley or Soddy wasn't in?

In 1997 John Overton HS defeated Father Ryan (TPT) and in 1996 it was TPT over Baylor (TBSFBAG) - both in the Large School division before the split. Those were the last two years where SD, TBSFMAW, OR Cleveland were not in the finals. In 1994 and 95 BC won large, Cleveland won small from 92 through 94 and BC was runner up to the EBE in 93... 1990 and 91 none of the 3 were in the finals. SD won over Franklin in 89. Whew. I think that means only 4 years in 27 years of the duals tournament did not have at least one of the three in the finals.

disclaimer, all of this information is from Raider76's j-fone so the accuracy is questionable but the motive is pure.

2012 Class AAA Soddy-Daisy 29-22 Cleveland

2011 Class AAA Bradley Central 44-15 Soddy-Daisy

2010 Class AAA Bradley Central 33-28 Cleveland

2009 Class AAA Bradley Central 48-13 Cleveland

2008 Class AAA Bradley Central 54-12 Ooltewah

2007 Class AAA Soddy-Daisy 35-23 Bradley Central

2006 Class AAA Bradley Central 31-30 Clarksville

2005 Class AAA Franklin 32-31 Bradley Central

2004 Division I Bradley Central 38-22 Soddy-Daisy

2003 Division I Bradley Central 42-24 Soddy-Daisy

2002 Division I Soddy-Daisy 35-30 Bradley Central

2001 Division I Bradley Central Clarksville

2000 Division I Clarksville Bradley Central

1999 Division I Bradley Central Clarksville

1998 Division I Bradley Central Brentwood

1997 Large John Overton Father Ryan

1996 Large Father Ryan Baylor

1995 Large Bradley Central Red Bank

1994 Small Cleveland Springfield

1994 Large Bradley Central Father Ryan

1993 Small Cleveland Springfield

1993 Large McCallie Bradley Central

1992 Large McCallie Baylor

1992 Small Cleveland Springfield

1991 Large McCallie Brentwood

1990 Large McCallie Knoxville Halls

1989 Large Soddy-Daisy Franklin

Edited by StarRaider

Cleveland and Soddy both have had a great year. At this point in the season, I believe Cleveland has taken another step to where they want to finish the year. Soddy has shown signs of doing the same, but due to injuries, weight issues, ect. isn't quite where Cleveland is. Depending on what Soddy team shows up in Williamson County will determine how exciting the final will be. Knowing both coaching staffs, I expect the "real deal" Soddy team to show up and put on a great show for the fans, against a tough Cleveland team that is full steam ahead at this point. I think Cleveland has to be the favorite due to their consistency, but I believe we are all in for a great match.

Having seen Wilson Central multiple times this seasons, I wouldn't be surprised to see them give Soddy a tough time in the semis. Haven't exactly looked at how they match up, but I think it will be a fun one.

Sure would be exciting to see how things would play out with Walker Valley and Bradley in the mix... :popcorneater:

the big question really is how many issues does soddy have with weight and injuries. Does anyone know what there lineup will be. Can there 115 pounder make weight, (he looked great at the fandetti brawl taking 1st) and will there injured wrestlers emerge for state duals. If this squad is healthy they will not lose to w.c or heritage and will have a great chance to beat cleveland as they already did earlier in the season.