Quarterfinals

Father Ryan over Brentwood Academy

McCallie over St Benedict

Christian Bros over MBA

Baylor bye

SEMIFINALS

Father Ryan over McCallie---closer than many think

Christian Brothers over Baylor---also closer than many think

FINALS----- Father Ryan over Christian Brothers in a classic, intense match. Be there!!!

Once again the TSSAA has completely mangled this sport. This is the state dual tournament and a "BYE" should never be even thought of. The attitude/concept of everyone deserves a medal is the death knell for this sport. This is wrestling not T-ball. I won't even begin to discuss how the BYE was placed in the bracket. C'mon TSSAA, here's your sign.

All individual sports, regardless of school size should be 1 class, period.

They decided they didn't want to wrestle in regionals cause they already knew the outcome and their AD apparently told them that cause they chose not to wrestle in regionals that they weren't going to that JOKE INVITATIONAL CRAP... I really wish they would get rid of that thing it's embarrassment esp when a school wins it and the wrestlers get state rings and a banner that says state champs even tho they didn't even qualify for the state tourney

I am going to go with Baylor and Father Ryan to win their semi-finals matches. Not that I am a Baylor fan, but they finally have their lineup. Almost took out CBHS in the semis last year, I believe they'll get it done this year. Baylor will also take out Father Ryan in the finals. Close match going Father Ryan's direction earlier in the year, but now its leans heavily toward Baylor.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• That’s a good line. Wins would be Soddy, Howard, and Ooltewah. Maybe East Ham again or Knox Central. Tyner maybe but being that late in the year it’s hard to say. I don’t think we get by Red Bank this year.    Rhea could be anywhere from 2-8 to 6-4. 
    • I agree with the Farragut and Bradley claim. Those will both be wins. Bearden like you say is depending on when you get them in comparison to when the wheels fall off.  As far as West goes I’m 50-50. They have been able to reload so far so until they show me they haven’t I can’t count them out. 
    • during the 2nd round of the playoffs last year against Milan, Gray partially tore his meniscus. He had a minor repair around Thanksgiving. Recovery time was minimal and he has been full force for baseball this season. 
    • What do ya’ll think the O/U will be? I would set the line at 2.5 
    • Playing high school sports is a privilege not a right.  The college did not have to rescind the scholarship.  Scholarship offers are pulled all the time for a number of reasons. That was 100% their choice.  A coach can keep, cut, or dismiss any player that they want to without reason anytime they want.  Is that the right way to run a program?? I don't think that it is, but these are the facts of the matter. This case has absolutely 0% chance of going in the plaintiff's favor. Futhermore, I'd imagine that these administrators and the coach are a part of some teaching or coaching organization that will cover at least 1 million dollars each in legal fees. Obviously the kid and her family feel like there were "damages" thus the lawsuit.  Unfortunately, the law is not on their side in this case.