FCS vs Watertown

UCSportsFan

What a great post from someone who not only knows this man as a coach but also as a friend and mentor. Its hard not to root for a guy like this. Having a bible study with his players is unheard of these days but its nice to know this is happeneing. Its a shame that parents in the stands can get a man like this fired because little Johnny isnt getting enough playing time but it does happen. You people that have got on this website and put down a man like this should be ashamed of yourself (George Bailey) you disgrace this name by the way, and you should apologize to the man's face. People like you have no clue what it takes to lead men or to guide young men all you do is sit in the stands and complain. Shame one you GB

Did you not read MY post above on this very page? No one thinks more of Matt than I do. I have personally known him much longer than you and probably everyone on this thread. You, sir should be ashamed for your one sided, ulterior motives. What I stated was based on my personal observations and I said how sorry I was that it turned out this way. I am not ashamed of anything I've said. Get back to the topic or shut it down.

I really don't understand the argument. FC is being moved to DII thanks to all the complaints, so now we get the privilege of having goodpasture who is better in literally every sport. The grass isn't always greener. I've said this many times I love the TC FC rivalry. Talent circles in A and AA sports cause smalls schools can't produce year in year out. FC jus had a good rotation of kids in. They'll go down in talent at some point and rise back up like all small schools. Every school has kids move in at some point. Doesn't mean they are recruited. As far as 8a goes I think it'll be everyone but RBS and Watertown wins region hands down. Too athletic this year.

I really don't understand the argument. FC is being moved to DII thanks to all the complaints, so now we get the privilege of having goodpasture who is better in literally every sport. The grass isn't always greener. I've said this many times I love the TC FC rivalry. Talent circles in A and AA sports cause smalls schools can't produce year in year out. FC jus had a good rotation of kids in. They'll go down in talent at some point and rise back up like all small schools. Every school has kids move in at some point. Doesn't mean they are recruited. As far as 8a goes I think it'll be everyone but RBS and Watertown wins region hands down. Too athletic this year.

Excellent post. Very well stated.

Devilfanatic, just stop. You are starting to make yourself look stupid. Its about time we all move to a new topic

I was stating facts and all you have to do is read the prior posts. I expect nothing less from you as all you do is take up for FC so your posts have no merit. So do us all a favor and stay off the message board's unless you have something worth talking about. We are all tired of your ridiculous posts.

Edited by devilfanatic

EXCELLENT post. Where were all the complaints when FC was the "easy team to beat"? There were none. Everyone is all flared up because FC is in the middle of a great group. Simply put: Every year graduation eliminates a group of players and rising 8th graders bring in new ones. This is going to happen regardless of public/private.

I have never posted on this site before, but after reading some of the comments about Matt Bradshaw, I felt that it was absolutely necessary. Matt Bradshaw is one heck of a coach, but as good as a coach as he is, he is twice the man. He probably would not even approve of someone coming on this website and defending him, because his reputation and character speaks for itself.

First off, as a coach, there is no doubt in my mind that Matt Bradshaw is the best around. I played one year for Matt Bradshaw at Watertown. It was my senior year and of course, I had my concerns about him coming to Watertown. As soon as he stepped into the locker room for the first time, all my concerns were completely gone. The man came in and treated us with respect and was always completely honest with us. He treated us all the same, whether you were the best player on the team, or the freshmen who did not have a clue how to play basketball. I can say each and every one of us grew as basketball players. He also had a passion for winning like we had not seen in Watertown in some time. I guess the parents at FC could not handle that passion, but we are more than happy to have it at Watertown now. I can say one thing about Coach Bradshaw, he would not have sat over there and took a forty point beating with a "deer in the headlights look" like FC's three coaches did the other night. And as far as last year, I respect the ring. You have it, and we dont, but once Booker T. Washington went out, Wade Houston could have led you all to a state championship. Your talent level was twice that of anyone else's in 1A basketball. So you all keep enjoying losing with the guy you have now, and we will be more than happy to keep winning with Bradshaw.

As far as the man Bradshaw is, I can't speak on what happened at FC, but I can speak on knowing Bradshaw for the last three years. Second to my father, I respect that man more than any other person in the world, and I can say most of my peers have that same kind of respect for him. I know a TON of Friendship kids, and out of everyone that I have ever spoke to about him, they all have the same kind of respect except for one. It is the FC parents (the money) and administration who ran him off. If you saw Bradshaw daily and saw the way he lived, you had no choice but to respect him. I can say that he turned at least two of my friends life around and got them on the right track. I have grew up in church, but I learned more in Coach Bradshaw's 9 week bible class than I had learned my entire life. He personally put together every single locker that is in Watertown's basketball locker room right now. If I called Coach right now, he would be there for not only me, but for any single player that he coached throughout his career. It says a lot, when a year after graduating, three former Friendship basketball players are sitting on the Watertown side wearing purple, because of their love and respect for Bradshaw.There is no doubt, if you played for Matt Bradshaw he made a postive impact on your life and he gave you a true example of what it was like to be a good, Christian man.

Post of the year. Knowing Coach Bradshaw personally, he is a great coach and I hate that FCS politics cost him his position. He probably didn't understand it at the time, as most of us on the outside did not, but everything happens for a reason, and he is in a much better place for himself. There was nothing I enjoyed more than opening up the paper and seeing he walloped FCS by 40 and stuck it to the Commanders.

What they did to him personally was a disgrace to the coaching profession, but not unheard of.......See the David Martin situation.

• Upvote 1

Post of the year. Knowing Coach Bradshaw personally, he is a great coach and I hate that FCS politics cost him his position. He probably didn't understand it at the time, as most of us on the outside did not, but everything happens for a reason, and he is in a much better place for himself. There was nothing I enjoyed more than opening up the paper and seeing he walloped FCS by 40 and stuck it to the Commanders.

What they did to him personally was a disgrace to the coaching profession, but not unheard of.......See the David Martin situation.

Agreed! Good post

They actually let you stay in Trousdale Co thinking logically like that? :mrgreen: