Covington Forfeits

CoachD33

I'm pretty sure that the players in question are now eligible to play. Have spoken to several people and this was what they had heard. Covington is set to play tonight in about an hour so we will know then.

Awe well that was a good strategy on Covingtons part? Do you guys think? Covington played ineligible players all year so their team would gain confident and gel together.. Now they will have more fight in them since they have been dropped to the 10th seed..

I don't think it was the player from Haywood County. I believe it was the players from Brighton and Munford. And the reason why I say that is because i am pretty sure that the distance from Haywood County and Covington are 20+ miles. And the difference between Munford and Brighton are 1-2 miles, and from Brighton to Covington is 6-9 miles.

Awe well that was a good strategy on Covingtons part? Do you guys think? Covington played ineligible players all year so their team would gain confident and gel together.. Now they will have more fight in them since they have been dropped to the 10th seed..

Covington ran through the district pretty easy. Even without these 2 guys they would still win the tourney. The guys in question do not play a whole lot. Covington has a roster full of talent and the fact that they are the 10th seed will only cause trouble for westview/Crockett. That's about it

I don't think it was the player from Haywood County. I believe it was the players from Brighton and Munford. And the reason why I say that is because i am pretty sure that the distance from Haywood County and Covington are 20+ miles. And the difference between Munford and Brighton are 1-2 miles, and from Brighton to Covington is 6-9 miles.

No the players in question are from Haywood Co. Covington has one player who originally played for Brighton, but he moved to Covington which makes him eligible to play.

Don't count Westview out just yet. They will have home court advantage (where they only lost to Covington by 3). I still feel Covington should not just have to forfeit their games, but also have to sit out the tournament. It's sad the coach knew this whole time and still let it happen. What is he teaching his guys?? Not integrity that's for sure!!

Don't count Westview out just yet. They will have home court advantage (where they only lost to Covington by 3). I still feel Covington should not just have to forfeit their games, but also have to sit out the tournament. It's sad the coach knew this whole time and still let it happen. What is he teaching his guys?? Not integrity that's for sure!!

The coach stated that he had no idea where the kids lived. It's not his job to worry about that. If the kids supply and address which makes them eligible to attend school in Tipton county, then why should the principle, AD, or coach question that? Covington has never had this trouble before, so it's not exactly like they were too worried about it. But I'm sure they will pay close attention to it now. The kid from Brighton was also checked and he was deemed eligible by the TSSAA.

On the comment about westview, Covington should still roll thru this district pretty easy. The last time the 2 played Covington won by 20+ and that's with sitting some players the whole 4th quarter. I don't think anybody in district is much of a threat to beat them unless they play out of their mind, which could happen.

The coach stated that he had no idea where the kids lived. It's not his job to worry about that. If the kids supply and address which makes them eligible to attend school in Tipton county, then why should the principle, AD, or coach question that? Covington has never had this trouble before, so it's not exactly like they were too worried about it. But I'm sure they will pay close attention to it now. The kid from Brighton was also checked and he was deemed eligible by the TSSAA.

On the comment about westview, Covington should still roll thru this district pretty easy. The last time the 2 played Covington won by 20+ and that's with sitting some players the whole 4th quarter. I don't think anybody in district is much of a threat to beat them unless they play out of their mind, which could happen.

When a coach has three players transfer in during the same year for their senior year, that is a red flag for anyone! You cannot tell me that the Covington coaching staff did not know. Most coaches know exactly where most of their players live at in the city. There is no way I would believe that.

As far as the Westview game you are referring to, were you there? Because if Covington didn't have home cooking with the referees, I don't know what you would call it. What team gets three technicals in a game for no good reason? A player is guarding his man at half court and says "Ohh double dribble" without looking anywhere except for his man and the ball and the official from underneath the basket calls a T. Come on now! What about the game at Westview where Covington barely pulled it out by three points? They didn't roll through that game did they? No! Because it was played fair. Time will only tell, but I still say Covington should not be able to play tournament play at all.

When a coach has three players transfer in during the same year for their senior year, that is a red flag for anyone! You cannot tell me that the Covington coaching staff did not know. Most coaches know exactly where most of their players live at in the city. There is no way I would believe that.

As far as the Westview game you are referring to, were you there? Because if Covington didn't have home cooking with the referees, I don't know what you would call it. What team gets three technicals in a game for no good reason? A player is guarding his man at half court and says "Ohh double dribble" without looking anywhere except for his man and the ball and the official from underneath the basket calls a T. Come on now! What about the game at Westview where Covington barely pulled it out by three points? They didn't roll through that game did they? No! Because it was played fair. Time will only tell, but I still say Covington should not be able to play tournament play at all.

I can not speak for the coach and all I know is what I have been told, which is that the coach had no idea that the players were not living at the address given to the school. How would he know unless he went there and physically saw them living there?

Are you seriously blaming the officials for a 20+ point loss? That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I can understand talking about bad calls in a close game, but the game was not close at all. Covington lost 1 game to a team inside the state of Tennessee and that was the first game of the year. Quit being bitter about the blowout that westview suffered and pay more attention to the fact that Covington is just a better team that westview. The better team does not always win, but Covington is the better team.