Covington Forfeits

CoachD33

imo opinion from other flargant teams who had this happen to them over the years especially in basketball TSSAA will take the Chargers out of contention whether ir it be in district regionals or state with refs.....sorry ive seen it happen several times and oddly enough not enuff with TSSAA 'eyes closed' not enuff IN metro areas where players go from team to team in All sports....thats sad

How did they not lose the whole season for this??? Someone had to know!

I agree completely! You know the guys on the team knew. High school guys hang out together when they are on the same team and go over to each other's house. Plus, I know the coach had to know that it wasn't just an answer from God that he got guys with that much talent to transfer to his school in the same year for their senior year!! Come on now. They should have to forfeit the rest of the season!!

If they had to forfeit all there games because they were inelgible,they not playing no more this year.

I didn't think they would still be allowed to play. But the way that people were predicting Covington to still run through the District tournament without 2 of their 4 leading scorers. I thought maybe they will be allowed to play.

You know the worst part of the whole thing is a few have ruined it for the rest of the team. According to their roster they have 9 seniors. So for 7 really 6 seniors their senior year as been ruined. Terrible job by the administration, athletic director and coach. Everyone knew the two young men still lived in Haywood but were playing in Covington. From what I have heard Covington isn't the only school in Tipton County with their hand in the cookie jar. Sounds like TSSAA needs to be checking all the schools in Tipton county. Anyone know if they have a county wide athletic director?

You know the worst part of the whole thing is a few have ruined it for the rest of the team. According to their roster they have 9 seniors. So for 7 really 6 seniors their senior year as been ruined. Terrible job by the administration, athletic director and coach. Everyone knew the two young men still lived in Haywood but were playing in Covington. From what I have heard Covington isn't the only school in Tipton County with their hand in the cookie jar. Sounds like TSSAA needs to be checking all the schools in Tipton county. Anyone know if they have a county wide athletic director?

Tipton Co does not have a county wide AD. And the players in question are not 2 of the 4 leading scorers. All you have stated is hear say. Quit running your mouth about things you know nothing about.