AAA Riverdale Warriors back to back?

WCG

Looks like Riverdale really doesn't have much of a challenge facing them on their way to a 2nd straight championship. It would be nice if the TSAA rotated where the championship is played each year. Knoxville and Memphis along with Nashville would make it very appealing to fans. I know having it in Murfreesboro each year gets old.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Riverdale really doesn't have much of a challenge facing them on their way to a 2nd straight championship. It would be nice if the TSAA rotated where the championship is played each year. Knoxville and Memphis along with Nashville would make it very appealing to fans. I know having it in Murfreesboro each year gets old.

Agree that Riverdale should win but you never know. Science Hill, Blackman and several others could prevail if all the stars lined up just right.

Also agree that it would be nice if site rotated....would love to see it at Thompson Boling. But MTSU is centrally located and they've got running it down to a science.

Do have one complaint about MTSU.....during day games shooters have a terrible time because of the lighting. Wish they could block the sunlight .

TTU in Cookeville would be a great venue for the State Championships. Its a much better gym to watch a game in thats for sure but i have no problem with MTSU. As for moving it further east or west that would not be good as you wouldn't get as many people to the games because of the extreme distances teams and fans would have to travel. As for Riverdale repeating, well i don't see anyone beating them but there are a few that can challenge them if they have an off night.

They actually have one transfer from East Hamilton, Tiffany Lewis that really helps their press she's not a big scorer but plays tough defense the other two transfers don't really play much its the returning starters doing all the work and I believe at state they will be challenged, if theirs one team they probably don't want to run into at state it would be Columbia who they narrowly escaped by 4pts we all no state is a whole different ball game and i believe Memphis Central, Ridgeway and Science Hill could make it interesting but until then Riverdale will be the clear favorite this year and next year.