Region 6-AA Tournament

howdoitknow

Not doubting the Cubs. I've actually seen them play. Just tapping on the brakes. There will be some formidable teams coming out of the west (Jackson Southside, Mitchell, etc.) and the 800 pound gorilla, CPA. Don't overlook East. Although they got blown out tonight, you don't want to be in a tight game with them late in the game. Don't see anyone in the east side of the state who can hang.

Not doubting the Cubs. I've actually seen them play. Just tapping on the brakes. There will be some formidable teams coming out of the west (Jackson Southside, Mitchell, etc.) and the 800 pound gorilla, CPA. Don't overlook East. Although they got blown out tonight, you don't want to be in a tight game with them late in the game. Don't see anyone in the east side of the state who can hang.

The Cubs have beaten Watertown, Spring Hill, Giles, Creek Wood (twice), Waverly (twice), and AAA Ravenwood, Rossview, & Franklin. They've beaten Camden (twice) and Harpeth (three times).

They are 51-9 in their last 60 games and have played a very challenging schedule this year. They haven't played "chumps" on the road to the substate this year. When you compare their schedule to others the strength of schedule is tough.

East Nashville will be very good and athletically gifted. Coach Fey does a great job at making them one of Metro's elite teams year in and year out.

Having said that however the Cubs are on a mission to get to Murfreesboro. Everything I have called since last year has come to fruition. Now it's time for one final chapter in this story.

The Cubs are going to Murfreesboro. Anyone who disputes this is entitled to his/her opinion but it will only add fuel to what is a blaze of destruction. Monday night in Ashland City (about 2 minutes from my driveway) at CCCHS there is going to be one heck of scene at The Pat Head Summit Gymnasium.

Hope to see you all there!

• Upvote 1

I am a cubs fan and a supporter of Cubs athletics. I really hope our guys keep playing "together" like they did this week. I was very impressed with the demeanor of Tony Sparkman last night. I talked to him after the game and he seems like a great kid. I wish them the best of luck against CPA and would love to see them make it to the Boro as well. I am tired of hearing about CPA. Yes they are good but in my opinion they should be in the division II tourney bc anyone who pays to attend a school is always at an advantage over the public schools who play the players that come thru their school system. I know that Darden and Thomas both transferred to Cheatham from other public schools but it seems that teams like CPA are able to bring in players every year at some other public schools expense bc they lured them there. Just my opinion.