Region 6-AA Tournament

howdoitknow

Following Fri./Sat. Region Quaterfinals the seen shifts to Creek Wood for Semi's & Ships!

Mon. 2/25 Girls Semi's @ 6/7:30

Tues. 2/26 Boys Semi's @ 6/7:30

Wed. 2/27 Girls Championship 7

Thur. 2/28 Boys Championship 7

Congrats to all teams for advancing to the Region 6 tourney! I will e-mail info to each school soon.

Must compliment Mike Craig and his crew @ Stewart Co. High for hosting a SUPER 11AA Tourney!

Tickets are $5, come out a support your student/athletes and coaches as they chase their dreams!

Must compliment Mike Craig and his crew @ Stewart Co. High for hosting a SUPER 11AA Tourney!

I agree! SCHS was an awesome host. I went to Bauer's and ate the catfish buffet last night. The overall atmosphere was great and I think everyone had a great time.

Coach Parker from Creek Wood and Coach Jackson from Cheatham County did a great job with the awards also!

Get your brooms ready... This guy is predicting an 11AA sweep... Suprise with CWHS making to Substate... the lower bracket is weak, weak, and weak...

This region tournament is intersting as not only are second round games win or go home, but region final is basically like win or go home with CPA waiting at home...Tough road for about anyone with Creek Wood having the easiest journey...

CCCHS takes the region... as well a state tournament bid in just a few short days...

Edited by MrTSSAA

I have zero ties to any 11AA team, player, or coach... I just feel the matchups are favorable for 11AA...

CreekWood is playing really good ball right now and if their guards can keep from making routine mistakes in my opinion they are favored to the finals... Fairview did indeed beat CreekWood, but that was also several months back... I like Creek Wood by 6

The Waverly/Giles Co matchup is indeed interesting as both are teams that have not been playing up to par as of late, but will need to win to stay alive... I like Waverly by 4

The Harpeth pick is my somewhat big upset as they have four decent ball players and should give Spring Hill some issues... I'll take Harpeth by 2

Cheatham Co/Summit game will not be all that close although I do not forsee the score looking to terribly bad at the end of the night... Cheatham County by 16

The Cubs are the best AA team in the midstate. They were outplayed by Creek Wood and their "burn offense" the first time they met. I will however say that in that game Creek Wood still had to hit a lot of crazy shots late just to sneak away with the win. Outside of that the Cubs losses came to AAA Kenwood and MS power Horn Lake. Both games were 4-6 point battles where foul shooting bit the Cubs late. Neither of those schools beat the Cubs from an athletic standpoint.

In the preseason the Cubs played AND BEAT the CPA Lions. The Cubs were without the services of 4 of their players that day.

I feel that the 12AA teams will be in for a huge shock when they try to "play uptempo" vs the Cubs. It's a different type of team than 11AA traditionally sends to the region. The Cubs would rather run and jump than play at a slow deliberate pace (ie Creek Wood).

I expect to see the Cubs in Murfreesboro along with CPA, Jackson South Side, Liberty Tech Magnet, McMinn Central, Fulton, Austin-East, and one other Chattanooga area school.

The Cubs will play Summit this weekend and in 9 days after they'll host East Nashville/Pearl-Cohn/Maplewood in the Sectional.

I think only the first round game with CC and Summit is a given. The rest are toss ups and the top bracket is the toughest and any of the three teams can win it. CC, Waverly, Giles are as even as they come. No one has a clear cut shot at any title and any team that already think they have it are dilusional. In fact, Giles and Waverly getting upset put a huge damper on CC's chances.

Edited by papatiger

I think only the first round game with CC and Summit is a given. The rest are toss ups and the top bracket is the toughest and any of the three teams can win it. CC, Waverly, Giles are as even as they come. No one has a clear cut shot at any title and any team that already think they have it are dilusional. In fact, Giles and Waverly getting upset put a huge damper on CC's chances.

Thank you, someone who is a realist. Saturday night we will have 3 excellent basketball games. The semi-finals and finals at Creekwood will be outstanding as well. Good luck to all the teams, I hope everyone can heal up and be at 100% come Saturday.

Thank you, someone who is a realist. Saturday night we will have 3 excellent basketball games. The semi-finals and finals at Creekwood will be outstanding as well. Good luck to all the teams, I hope everyone can heal up and be at 100% come Saturday.

Okay...LOL... I just recently posted that 3 of the 4 games would be with in the single digits...but 11AA would get the sweep... although a sweep would be a stretch, it is definitely realistic...

11AA is better than it has been, but I feel 12AA has a down year in comparison... normally I favor 12AA in the region matchups... this year simply is not the case... once again, 12AA will complete, they just will not be favored like years past...