Region 6-AA Tournament

howdoitknow

It's my yearly rant. Teams play 2-3 games a week throughout the season including tournaments at Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks and then slow to a snails pace during the post season. It's a November-March marathon that could be shortened by a couple of weeks without breathing hard. Then those boys teams lucky enough to make it to state have to wait for the girls to get through. What other sport does this? Not softball/baseball. Not volleyball/football. Play them concurrently and even better, separately like they do in every other sport. Why is girls/boys basketball attached at the hip? Particularly in post season? Play girls district and region at one site and boys at the other and cut the time in half before you have the big layover between districts and regions. And the 1% of coaches that coach both teams is not a viable excuse. Give one up.

The downside for softball/baseball kids is they'll get roughly a 6 week season from middle of March to end of April and it's over and we start the utterly stupid baseball post season format.

2 things I tell my wife all the time:

1. Things are going to be different around here when I'm King.

2. This is going in the manifesto.

:geek:

Edited by ksgovols

Gotten quiet all of a sudden. Have some coaches told certain people to close their mouths to avoid some bulletin boards??? My guess is yes. Good luck to all teams. I see it as a 8 team race to get two spots.

I was actually told to call you out and pray that Waverly wins tomorrow night so the Cubs can beat them yet again next week! Go District 11

Agree completely and ill be at waverly/giles this saturday and will give updates...and expect and look frwrd to updates in all games saturday...

If you havent been to Ptown lately come early and enjoy the towns new look. Legends moved, old funeral home eye sore gone. Now to the game. Just looking at the Waverly sch looks like defense is not a high priority, yet they score enough to offset that fact. If GC can control the boards and the ball and get Howie help scoring, they should move on. GC can put one of the fastest teams on the floor I have seen, but they lose offense when they do unless they turn the turnovers into layups. GO CATS!! Edited by dadtimesfive

If you havent been to Ptown lately come early and enjoy the towns new look. Legends moved, old funeral home eye sore gone. Now to the game. Just looking at the Waverly sch looks like defense is not a high priority, yet they score enough to offset that fact. If GC can control the boards and the ball and get Howie help scoring, they should move on. GC can put one of the fastest teams on the floor I have seen, but they lose offense when they do unless they turn the turnovers into layups. GO CATS!!

Actually yes about 3 weeks ago I was there for Sr Day at the gym up at MMC went and saw some professors of mine former employer (show off the son) lol and they informed me legends had moved to "Country Kitchen" so me and my wife went there and ate but yes she's already said we oughta eat there tonite so probably will look frwd to the game!