6AAA Championship...White County vs Cumberland Co.

85warrior

This is literally the worst AAA district in the state! I don't care if they have everyone back. You don't think Stone will reload? They play one of the toughest schedules out of district every year, that's why their ready at tourney time. Freshman wins don't always equal varsity wins. You keep believing your white county stuff and ill check back with you in a year.

I agree, it is a pretty weak District. We still beat Stone TWICE this year. I didn't say anything about our Freshmen team. We start one freshman now. I think our freshman team may have went undefeated. I'm not positive. White county is a basketball town. Always has been. I see no reason why we won't always be right at or near the top of this District. I'll be here in a year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina, I know what Stone has coming and the "reload" you speak of is not there. Yes, JV and Freshman wins DO equate to future success! Stone will not run over everyone in Dist. 6AAA next yr. And yes I too will be here in a year!

4 out of 5 starters returning. 7 out of 8 top scores returning. Great coach, great system, sounds like a reload to me. Just saying. Lol

4 out of 5 starters returning. 7 out of 8 top scores returning. Great coach, great system, sounds like a reload to me. Just saying. Lol

In order to reload you must have first lost something. You reload something that is empty. You are losing one key player. That is not reloading. The stone fate of 2014it will be determined by whether or not Simmons or yoder can be the man for them. All really good teams have to have one.

And your freshmen were good but the surrounding areas freshmen were a lot better. Capps biggest weakness is that he is not around to coach the freshmen anymore. He was invaluable to buck in that right. Not knocking any of the other coaches but Neil was as good as it gets at transitioning players from elementary to hs.

In order to reload you must have first lost something. You reload something that is empty. You are losing one key player. That is not reloading. The stone fate of 2014it will be determined by whether or not Simmons or yoder can be the man for them. All really good teams have to have one.

And your freshmen were good but the surrounding areas freshmen were a lot better. Capps biggest weakness is that he is not around to coach the freshmen anymore. He was invaluable to buck in that right. Not knocking any of the other coaches but Neil was as good as it gets at transitioning players from elementary to hs.

Well I was being a little tongue in cheek there. Lol. You're right that's not exactly reloading, but it's hard to reload when you have good sophs and jrs every year, with one stud senior. I do see your point, and Capps not being there is an even better point. That transition is critical for those freshman.

You guys are so funny! Stone has won every boys varsity game but one (the very first game) since the schools have been playing (6 or 7 yrs) and you still can't accept the fact that Stone Memorial basketball is a solid program and will be for a long time. It's like CCHS just practices to beat Stone. Yeah White County beat us twice this year (in a span of a week and a total of 2 pts) but that's typical for us early in the year--lost 13 games last year. As far as the Ronnie Cox era being over -every starter for Stone this year has played at a high level in the summer all over the country-and that's been the case for awhile-elementary basketball didn't have much to do with developing these kids. I don't see any Jet players giving up their time to do that. And that is why Stone will continue to be a solid program for a few more years. It's sad that a lot of Cumberland County doesn't see what's going on-heck we don't even get covered by our local paper!

Sorry- first time posting

I'm the funny one? Okay Cpt. Two-post. What I and others are saying is this. Stone has a good program. They have great support and great dedication from the kids and parents that are willing to go the extra mile to win. They have a coach, whom I played for and respect more than any coach I've ever had and that includes my college coaches, who knows how to develop players and put them in positions to win, and they will continue to be successful. However, they are not going to walk into the district and trash everyone else. They might win it. They might not. Athletically they are playing with the same type of kids as everyone else, and they did get swept by White Co. this year. CCHS freshmen beat them by 50 and that means something. The freshman teams at both white and CCHS were lightyears better than stone. How will they fare in 6AAA? Fine but they won't just mop everyone up. That is my. 02.

You are correct about winning the district-nobody knows what will happen-but as far as freshmen being lightyears ahead or behind? That's another thing I don't get. Labeling kids too early is a big mistake. You think because stone's kids got beat by 50 that means it's over? C'mon man! Yoder goes from not playing any minutes for 2 years to District 4-AA tournament MVP. You know as well as I do that you might get 2 or 3 kids to stick it out for 4 years out of each class if your lucky--sometimes more sometimes less. Stone has 2 or 3 kids that could turn out to be 6'7 or more--one of them is Foster's nephew-and with some developed guard play they could turn out pretty good. I know what White County has coming back next year and it should be exciting. It just seems like Stone is always having to prove every year to everybody they can play and it gets frustrating. Even our own town-and I know Knoxville did-never gave us a chance after Cole graduated but 21-9 with district title plus tournament title and a chance to get back to state might answer that

You are correct about winning the district-nobody knows what will happen-but as far as freshmen being lightyears ahead or behind? That's another thing I don't get. Labeling kids too early is a big mistake. You think because stone's kids got beat by 50 that means it's over? C'mon man! Yoder goes from not playing any minutes for 2 years to District 4-AA tournament MVP. You know as well as I do that you might get 2 or 3 kids to stick it out for 4 years out of each class if your lucky--sometimes more sometimes less. Stone has 2 or 3 kids that could turn out to be 6'7 or more--one of them is Foster's nephew-and with some developed guard play they could turn out pretty good. I know what White County has coming back next year and it should be exciting. It just seems like Stone is always having to prove every year to everybody they can play and it gets frust

rating. Even our own town-and I know Knoxville did-never gave us a chance after Cole graduated but 21-9 with district title plus tournament title and a chance to get back to state might answer that

First of all punctuation is great, you should try it. Second the coverage in this town is terrible. I am working on a project to do something about that. You can't blame ed though. He is only part time and is spread way too thin. The Chronicle as a paper sucks. Third, players can step up. No argument there, and we will be behind next year playing a ton of sophomores and juniors. No confusion about who is better. Fourth, remember where we are. We are in dumb hick Crossville. We are going to be looked down on and will always have to prove ourselves. Its been that way since before Stone existed.

I agree with you that one of these guys will have to step up. And I think that both of them have the potential to do so. Tyler Yoder showed that he could possibly be that role player in the district tournament.

I also agree that stone will not walk through anything in the years to come. Anyone that has played high school sports knows that nothing is guaranteed. This freshmen and sophomore class has a ton of good kids with a lot of potential, but they have not been prepared for high school ball like our kids in the past couple of years have been. Not saying that they won't be good high school basketball players because with a great coach like Coach Capps they could be at the top in a few years.