15A #3 Madison 79 16A #2 MBA 52

15A #1 Riverside 78 16A #4 PCA 32

Riverside lead 47-10 at the half.

Madison lead 63-28 at the half.

Middleton lead 35-22 at the half.

Scotts Hill lead 23 -16 at the half.

Total dominance by 15A.

Well done.

Region semi's should be interesting----any of these 4 could come out as Region Champs. Riverside got hot during district.....look out for Madison this time around.

As the parent of a district 15A senior, if memory serves me correctly we have swept 16A the past four years. Not sure how far back this trend goes, but given the success of the boy's teams from Memphis I have been somewhat surprised by the lack of success of the girls.

Anyone have any theories?

I can only remember one really good team ever in 16A.Oakhaven (now AA) was highly ranked that year(early nienty's, I think)...region was as far as they got though ; ). The unrestricted free agent status of the kids in Memphis is the reason that 1A is so consistantly bad,the really good players migrate to the bigger schools,especially in the ladies division. It's almost a shame that the coaching is so subpar that 16A couldn't advance a one seed every now and then at least...they do have some athletic kids.Scotts Hill was placed in another region for four years in the late eighty's but other than that short period I only remember the one team mentioned earlier ever winning a region game,and one of the Catholic's gave us a good battle one year.Hope that helps...and I could be wrong,my memory isn't what it used to be. Edited by tradertwo

South Gibson lost in Memphis two years ago in the first round of region. I don't remember to who but I do remember they got throttled by Middleton in the semis.

I think trader is spot on about the whole free agent thing. 3A in Memphis is strong and 2A ain't shabby either. And with guys athleticism can take you a long way where as with girls it is more about fundamentals and coaching. That's why Memphis is so different in guys and girls.

15A #4 Scotts Hill 49 16A #1 BTW 36

15A #2 Middleton 73 16A # 3 Soulsville 44

15A #3 Madison 79 16A #2 MBA 52

15A #1 Riverside 78 16A #4 PCA 32

Riverside lead 47-10 at the half.

Madison lead 63-28 at the half.

Middleton lead 35-22 at the half.

Scotts Hill lead 23 -16 at the half.

Total dominance by 15A.

Well done.

Is there a team from 15A that can compete with UC

As the parent of a district 15A senior, if memory serves me correctly we have swept 16A the past four years. Not sure how far back this trend goes, but given the success of the boy's teams from Memphis I have been somewhat surprised by the lack of success of the girls.

Anyone have any theories?

First great job 15A on your season. Now speaking of A girls basketball in Memphis. There are several factors that play into this issue. 1: single A in Memphis is mostly made up of upstart charter schools. BTW was moved down last year because of projected enrollment. With so many high schools to choose from girls basketball talent is being scattered. 2. 16A had 13 teams this season with mandatory playing of at least one game with all teams and two with the six in your division it eliminates the chance for a team like BTW to play higher quality comp on a nightly bases. 3. The officiating in the regional tournaments is much different then the officiating during the regular season. It is the main reason you hear so much complaining for Memphis teams once they move outside of Memphis. For anyone who was actually at the BTW vs Scott Hill game the game was much closer than the final score shows. If you look at the score sheet BTW actually out scored Scott Hill in the 1st and 4th quarter. Poor offensive execution by BTW is why they lost. Maybe someone can help me on this one. If an off the ball foul is called on a made basket do the team get the ball back under their basket?

First great job 15A on your season. Now speaking of A girls basketball in Memphis. There are several factors that play into this issue. 1: single A in Memphis is mostly made up of upstart charter schools. BTW was moved down last year because of projected enrollment. With so many high schools to choose from girls basketball talent is being scattered. 2. 16A had 13 teams this season with mandatory playing of at least one game with all teams and two with the six in your division it eliminates the chance for a team like BTW to play higher quality comp on a nightly bases. 3. The officiating in the regional tournaments is much different then the officiating during the regular season. It is the main reason you hear so much complaining for Memphis teams once they move outside of Memphis. For anyone who was actually at the BTW vs Scott Hill game the game was much closer than the final score shows. If you look at the score sheet BTW actually out scored Scott Hill in the 1st and 4th quarter. Poor offensive execution by BTW is why they lost. Maybe someone can help me on this one. If an off the ball foul is called on a made basket do the team get the ball back under their basket?

What would be the alternative?Disregard the basket...or the foul?The shot was out of the players hand when the foul was called,resulting in the made basket.BTW was not in the penalty yet...result of the foul was ball inbounds at the spot of the foul.BTW didn't run an offense is partly why they lost,just a bunch of athletic kids playing one-on-one ball trying to get layups.Scotts Hill shot the ball worse in that game than any I can remember,missing wide open looks and layups that they normally hit...I guess a 2 1/2 hour bus ride could be a factor.The big sub (42) hit a couple of shots from almost 10 feet away and had some touch on the shots,but when Coach Chandler adjusted the defense to compensate BTW had no answer.In the forth quarter with a 16/17 point lead Scotts Hill worked on their four corner game,passing up layups until the Warriors cut the game to 10 or so,then started taking the layups...that's the reason for the scoring deficit,it could have just as easily been a 20+ point game.BTW didn't take a shot longer than 10 feet until it was a lost cause,maybe 1:30 left in the game and then shot three or four airballs from the three point line.Until someone in 16A learns to play more fundamental basketball,all the athletes in Shelby Co. won't win you a regional game more often than once in a blue moon.Put BTW in 15A and they will battle not to finish last in the district.