AA State Tourney

dctiger

Westview looking past Elizabethton could be their downfall. Elizabethton has a well rounded team and they have two of the best freshmen in the state with a lot of dept, speed and height the ex cheerleader that has taken over the point guard has done just fine. They have 4 3point shooters that had better not be left unguarded.

Having only seen 3 of these the cyrstal ball may may a little fuzzy.

• Westview over Elizabethton- Etown is good but the loss of point guard earlier in year really hurt. plus they haven't played an away game since January.
  • LA over CPA- LA, no superstars but all know the game and are well coached. Maybe the closest opening game.
  • Macon Co over Covington- Only because there's a movie or song macon County Line.
  • CAK over Cannon- CAK plays a tough zone putting 6'6 post in middle they won their last 3 games from teams that were not patient enough to get open looks and mistakenly thought they should challenge the interior. I'll change my pick if Cannon presses whole game. CAK has no bench.

Will pick semi after 1st round ( I usually miss half my picks) !

Are you serious or joking about CAK playing zone defense? I hope you're serious. Cannon will press as long as it is effective. Also Cannon has a good bench. This will be Cannon's 11th trip to the state tournament I believe, the last time being 2 years ago.

Edited by woodvegas

Westview looking past Elizabethton could be their downfall. Elizabethton has a well rounded team and they have two of the best freshmen in the state with a lot of dept, speed and height the ex cheerleader that has taken over the point guard has done just fine. They have 4 3point shooters that had better not be left unguarded.

Westview will not look over Elizabethton. I am not saying they win. Just saying they won't overlook anybody. They had to fight through 13 AA to get there. Wasn't easy. Elizabethton is playing really good ball right now. It wouldn't suprise me if they won it all.

Are you serious or joking about CAK playing zone defense? I hope you're serious. Cannon will press as long as it is effective. Also Cannon has a good bench.

Have seen them play 7 games this year 2-3 and 1-3-1 and some 3-2 a little man when they were down. played some box and 1 on Alcoa shooter.

They drop off the cliff when going to bench....so I guess the zone protects players from fatigue and fouls. But don't underestimate.....they are good (would have been a favorite if not for a season ending injury) sadly it seems alot of teams can make that claim.

Mr Pioneer 42 ... U seem to be a very intelligent man that knows sports. Who do u predict to win in the Westview game. Also the Macon game against Covington. An do u predict to win it all.

Well I watch a lot of ball. I pick Westview and Covington both in single digit games. If Covington don't get rattled, they could win it all. Very good team and coach. They play hard and have the best down low game I have seen in a while.

Have seen them play 7 games this year 2-3 and 1-3-1 and some 3-2 a little man when they were down. played some box and 1 on Alcoa shooter.

They drop off the cliff when going to bench....so I guess the zone protects players from fatigue and fouls. But don't underestimate.....they are good (would have been a favorite if not for a season ending injury) sadly it seems alot of teams can make that claim.

Who or what position did they lose to injury? I always hate that for any player or team. I have no doubt that they are an excellent team.

i dont know what the fuss is in middle tn, but coming from a small town in west tn that has 6 state champoinships, 13AA has by far the best girls teams i've seen all year. four of their teams all had 20+ wins, all beat up on each other all season, and 2 survived to make the state tourney. don't overlook westview or covington....they can both play some ball

You're description of 13-AA is almost exactly how a middle tennessean would describe 8-AA. That's all the fuss. Not being disrespectful or saying your teams have no chance. I'm just saying that the middle of the state is nationally known for a reason.

TwinCity. 4 sophomores 1 jr. Three of wich played for the Knoxville Lady Pride under A great coach Mike Capps. He has turned out some of the best players in the knoxville area. I am sure many of the players in this years state tourney has played against these girls in many of past years AAU events. They were taught to play straight up fundamental b-ball. Two of the girls are high D1 prospects and have already won a AAA state championship in WV. I would say all of them could probably get their college paid for. I'm not saying they will win the gold ball. They lack depth and are still very young. I do think alot of posters are over looking them. They are very solid. Sounds like all the teams are fairly strong. Should be some good competition this coming week.

Edited by EBTHER

i dont know what the fuss is in middle tn, but coming from a small town in west tn that has 6 state champoinships, 13AA has by far the best girls teams i've seen all year. four of their teams all had 20+ wins, all beat up on each other all season, and 2 survived to make the state tourney. don't overlook westview or covington....they can both play some ball

Out of the 16 teams in the Class A and AA tournament 5 of them are in a 50 mile radius of each other in the Upper Cumberland area of the state. In this area you have over 30 state championships. Two teams have 8 and 7 each. We all beat up on each other over here during the regular season so when we get to the buro' we are battled tested and used to playing in tight ball games and some of the best high school coaches in the nation reside here as well. So we feel your pain brother.