Oak Ridge Hires.........

Jet Pride

I guess you're right. I just want it so bad to be like the old days. We hired the right guy, I can feel it. I really want to hear about that team meeting.

You will see, man..We may not win state right away. Not saying that at all, but the kids in 88 didn't know Joe from Adam, either. Trust, these kids have heard plenty about Joe from relatives. Now they are saying with there own eyes. Blade had no excitement to him whatsoever. Good coach, but had nothing to offer the kids in terms of motivation. Blade didn't care about the feeder programs..I was told by a Robertsville coach that Blade went there once a year. That's not gonna get it done. Joe will be there every week. Such a huge difference in how they run things. No wonder no one was excited with Blade here. Nothing to be excited about. Good x's and o's guy, but it ends there with him. You need more.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will see, man..We may not win state right away. Not saying that at all, but the kids in 88 didn't know Joe from Adam, either. Trust, these kids have heard plenty about Joe from relatives. Now they are saying with there own eyes. Blade had no excitement to him whatsoever. Good coach, but had nothing to offer the kids in terms of motivation. Blade didn't care about the feeder programs..I was told by a Robertsville coach that Blade went there once a year. That's not gonna get it done. Joe will be there every week. Such a huge difference in how they run things. No wonder no one was excited with Blade here. Nothing to be excited about. Good x's and o's guy, but it ends there with him. You need more.

You're exciting me man.

Someone on the "staff" thread said he was in today's team meeting. Are there any reports from players or others in attendance as to how that went?

my favorite quote from the day "i'll say this to the danged public. i'm not the smartest guy around, but i don't care. most coaches won't say something like this to you. but if we lose a GAME! next year, my #### will be STUNNED! now we may lose, but i will be stunned."

from what i can tell, most players were excited

my favorite quote from the day "i'll say this to the danged public. i'm not the smartest guy around, but i don't care. most coaches won't say something like this to you. but if we lose a GAME! next year, my #### will be STUNNED! now we may lose, but i will be stunned."

This is firing me up and I wasn't even there!

HAHAHAHA!!!! Vintage Gaddis

Edited by SweetScience

Don't see the need to bash Blade while being excited about your new coach. Blade is much, much more than just an X & O guy. OR football is now relevant again thanks to Blade and his staff. Be grateful for what he brought to your program. Gaddis will keep it rolling without Quarles on the schedule. Good luck to you guys in the fall .

Don't see the need to bash Blade while being excited about your new coach. Blade is much, much more than just an X & O guy. OR football is now relevant again thanks to Blade and his staff. Be grateful for what he brought to your program. Gaddis will keep it rolling without Quarles on the schedule. Good luck to you guys in the fall .

I am very grateful what Blade did for our program. I have mentioned that on more than a few posts throughout the coaching search...Blade is a good man, and coach, and instilled discipline in the players. But, when i say he wasn't a good motivator, it's just the cold hard truth. It's not bashing, just ask the players on OR's team, they will tell you themselves.