CPA - Division II?

Guest AllBlue

Guest AllBlue

Thanks for all the responses besides the tool that tried to shoo me away elsewhere. Characterizing the question and responses as "whining" does nothing to minimize the legitimacy of the topic.

TSSAA all but acknowledges the difference between the public/private with the segregation. Otherwise there would be no division. I guess it's as simple as the "recruiting" base being wide open for private schools whereas public schools are limited to zoning restrictions. So any public transfer is that much more magnified. I'm sure it's an issue in every state.

Thanks for all the responses besides the tool that tried to shoo me away elsewhere. Characterizing the question and responses as "whining" does nothing to minimize the legitimacy of the topic.

TSSAA all but acknowledges the difference between the public/private with the segregation. Otherwise there would be no division. I guess it's as simple as the "recruiting" base being wide open for private schools whereas public schools are limited to zoning restrictions. So any public transfer is that much more magnified. I'm sure it's an issue in every state.

You are obviously a "newbie" if you think publics are limited by zoning restrictions. In East TN it is quite common for Maryville, Alcoa, Anderson County, Oak Ridge and others to end up with kids outside their zone. Some have very small tuitions and you must provide your own transporatation. Edited by IrishBBall

They played in 2 holiday tourneys last year and this year that had several nationally ranked teams in them that were much better than Blackmon and most Memphis schools. They won 2 of those 4 tourneys. They beat Brentwood at Brentwood earlier in the year and Ensworth at home. They don't run from great competition.

Why would you run from great competition? You have the best starting five assembled (yes put together) in possibly the entire state. We will all continue to say that all we believe is that CPA belongs in Div II. Bending the rules may not be breaking the rules but not sure it fits your "mission statement"

You are obviously a "newbie" if you think publics are limited by zoning restrictions.

True but sooooooooooo much easier for the likes of a CPA who are doing mission work in Murfreesboro and surrounding areas. Heck they reach all the way to Knoxville!

Let's see Lindsey moves from Murfreesboro to Franklin? There is your change of address, so he is legal. Not sure what school he would be "zoned" to over there but it would be free. What did they do get this family to get into an apartment???, Now the family has to "pay for tuition also?? Too many red flags for it all to be on the up and up. On top of that, he played for Coach Maddux during AAU. HUGE RED FLAG. What does it take to get the T$$AA to investigate?

If Lindsey really does/did live I'm the Buro, does anyone know what school he was zoned for? Would be interesting if he had been supposed to go to Blackman or siegel...

He played at Rockvale

which is down the street from eagleville haha , but I don't think that is where rockvale feeds though. So I am not sure where he was "supposed" to go, but I know he played for Rockvale

True but sooooooooooo much easier for the likes of a CPA who are doing mission work in Murfreesboro and surrounding areas. Heck they reach all the way to Knoxville!

Let's see Lindsey moves from Murfreesboro to Franklin? There is your change of address, so he is legal. Not sure what school he would be "zoned" to over there but it would be free. What did they do get this family to get into an apartment???, Now the family has to "pay for tuition also?? Too many red flags for it all to be on the up and up. On top of that, he played for Coach Maddux during AAU. HUGE RED FLAG. What does it take to get the T$$AA to investigate?

Well aware of the mission work extending to Knoxville. Got to love Presbyterians reaching out in their mission work to Catholic kids. LOL Lost our PG!

Former CPA head basketball coach before Maddux. Was not a pretty exit.

Understandably so when people in charge make a decision in a way that violates best educational practices, school philosophy and biblical principles.

Are you an alumni, parent, former player?

Along with being a former employee for six years (which some falsely assume is my motivation for expressing disagreement), also was involved as a parent for nine years, two children are graduates.

...Too many red flags for it all to be on the up and up...What does it take to get the T$$AA to investigate?

It takes someone who knows based on first hand experiences and is willing to name names. Unless documented proof, it will ultimately boil down to a he said-she said if not everyone willing to be honest. Even though the TSSAA will not reveal name(s) of those filing report, it still means someone has to be willing to take the huge personal risk of coming forward.

Maybe, just maybe, the Lindsey's were able to locate and pay for an apartment all by themselves. And that goes for tuition as well. Do you doubt their ability to pay CPA's tuition because of their race? Because of where they moved from? Because of Jalen's skill? I don't get it. Do you have intimate knowledge of their financials?

One of the most common criticisms of this CPA team. I would be more suspicious of recruiting had he not previously played for Drew Maddux. He played AAU for him. He liked him as a coach. Drew Maddux gets a job as a high school coach. Jalen wants to play for him in high school. How is this a "HUGE RED FLAG'? It makes perfect sense to me.

...One of the most common criticisms of this CPA team. I would be more suspicious of recruiting had he not previously played for Drew Maddux. He played AAU for him. He liked him as a coach. Drew Maddux gets a job as a high school coach. Jalen wants to play for him in high school. How is this a "HUGE RED FLAG'? It makes perfect sense to me.

Whether he wanted to play for him or not, all depends on types of conversations that took place prior to his enrolling, who they were initiated by and what type of setting they took place in. Not talking about one player either.

If honest, have to admit the best players end up playing for the best programs/coaches is more myth than reality particularly as far as mass numbers are concerned when it comes to high school basketball. You are talking 100% of starting line-up. Is this happening in all of the other successful programs at CPA or anywhere else? Are these parents the only ones in history of AAU that had this idea and made it work? Hard to believe in America, the land of copycat of successful ideas. And if you are right then credible sources would support it.

A whole nother topic is open zoned schools. Pose similar issues as the privates. Recruit, recruit, recruit.

Yes jalen played at Rockvale in the 7th grade but moved and has been playing for CPA since 8th grade. He would have been zoned for Blackman

He played at Rockvale

which is down the street from eagleville haha , but I don't think that is where rockvale feeds though. So I am not sure where he was "supposed" to go, but I know he played for Rockvale

Yes jalen played at Rockvale in the 7th grade but moved and has been playing for CPA since 8th grade. He would have been zoned for Blackman

And you see the problem of the T$$AA and CPA. They have worked the "loophole" of recruiting to the MAX. Move him before the 9th grade and he can get FULL financial help as a 8th grader but once he gets into the 9th grade he must no longer be FULL financial aide or he is not able to participate in sports. Maddux and CPA work it to the best. Congrats!