Father Ryan's Reign is it over?

govolz

Well, I guess it's time for me to take a break from shooting birds at the airport to post my thoughts on this subject.

Ryan had one good year? Well, they were region champs in '95 and '96. They beat Beech in '95 when Beech was the #1 team in the state. In '96 they beat Pearl-Cohn, who would go on to win the championship. And in 95 and 96 they lost in the quarter-finals.

About RB N. Myers, he wasn't even on the team last year.

Comparing JP II's and Ryan athletic facilities, well hmmm...

Maybe that new libray and theater will help Ryan.

Coaching. Yes there is room for improvement.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as his parents owning BF Myers, not sure on that one.

That is another example of the coaches not having a clue on what position the players should play.

Isnt he the smallest player on the team? Going up the middle?

They definetly need some help on the coaching staff.

Posted by Drp:

It is coaches and favoritism. They have been playing some freshman that is a backup quarterback for the freshman team on the varsity on occassions. Why would you not play your JV quarterback, or back-up JV quarterback, or Freshman quarterback?

Explain that one?

It is really sad because Father Ryan has some awesome talent, the coaches just dont know what to do with it.

Who on the team would you consider to be "awesome talent"?

Losing Kurt Page hasn't helped, has it?

And has the Father Ryan administration shifted the focus off football? Some insiders would say Father Ryan has been out-recruited...not offering enough financial aid in the changing times.

The decision to not have games on campus wasn't in the best interest of football. Several factors have led to the decline.

I don't know about that! Their basketball team has been a good one the past 3 or 4 years. Even though they aren't that good in f-ball they had enough sense to throw the ball to Billy May last year. Billy was a heck of a hoops player.

to say they don't have the athletes makes me wonder. They have had the same misfortune with football over the past years but yet remained good in b-ball? Why is that? Coaching? Is the administration focusing on basketball now? What's happening?

Page had to go to Alabama because no one would offer him anything here. He wasnt that great of a coach.

It might be time to clean house and start new. (coaching staff)

There is alot of talent on that team. But you need some good coaches to figure out who has it, and what to do with it.