BCAT unsigned senior games at MTCS WHAT A JOKE!

4changes

Such hatred on DeKalbs coaches.. DC coach this DC coach that.. Maybe your "step-son".. If that's even true.. Wasn't good enough to play in the last min game. It's typical that you want your "step-son" to be seen by colleges and that you think as a parent he is LeBron James... What parent wouldn't. But ranting about our coaches who dedicated there time for a sorry parent like you when they could be with there families, work, etc. Is uncalled for. Bashing DeKalbs coaches on message board will NOT get your "step-son" any scholarship to college. You act like this was your one and only shot to get your "step-son" on a college team.. You should have been talking to your coach, getting film out, etc. back in the season. You can't expect to show up at this game and get a scholarship to duke.. Taking your Anger out on our coaches does no good. We, along with a majority of others, appreciate our coaches and the dedication they have for basketball and the time they took to volunteer with the BCAT and this great event.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears they are having a hard time accepting the reason their "step son" got zero playing time in the last game is because they weren't good enough. Plain and simple. Hate to sound like I am calling someone out on a board, but come on give it a break. The very last game was supposed to simulate a more competitive game and the best players were used. Wanna bash DC players and say they're not that good? How many times does it have to be pointed out that WC was 0-3 and not even close to winning against us this year. Only player that was deserving was 20 from WC to be in the last game. End of story. DC's final two losses were great games against two of the final four in state and that was while missing players (plural). Yes the players from DC were deserving to be there whether you want to admit it or not.

Let me see if I can help clear some of this up. This is just my take on all of this and nothing more. It seems to me 4changes isn't necessarily "crying" "whinning" what have you. I think 4changes feels like maybe Dekalb coaches singled out the 2 (?) players from WC and just didn't play them for whatever reason. Now to say that they were not the better players, I don't know about that. I have seen the boys from Dekalb play and will agree that Sonni is a good ball player and the other guy is decent. I know that the big post player from WC has about 14 or 15 colleges calling him. The boy, I believe is around 6'8" (I think) so I am sure someone will want him. The other player has a couple of colleges calling him as well. The #20 player I haven't heard for sure, but I don't believe he has been contacted by any colleges at this time. Now about the WC team and them getting beat by Dekalb I wasnt there so I don't know what happened but I can tell you that it seems that WC players don't play to their potential also seems the coach subs alot and alot of confusion on the floor. I would sugguest to BCAT, going forward, that maybe the coaches don't coach their own players and maybe all of this wouldn't even be an issue. Just my take, that's all.

Such hatred on DeKalbs coaches.. DC coach this DC coach that.. Maybe your "step-son".. If that's even true.. Wasn't good enough to play in the last min game. It's typical that you want your "step-son" to be seen by colleges and that you think as a parent he is LeBron James... What parent wouldn't. But ranting about our coaches who dedicated there time for a sorry parent like you when they could be with there families, work, etc. Is uncalled for. Bashing DeKalbs coaches on message board will NOT get your "step-son" any scholarship to college. You act like this was your one and only shot to get your "step-son" on a college team.. You should have been talking to your coach, getting film out, etc. back in the season. You can't expect to show up at this game and get a scholarship to duke.. Taking your Anger out on our coaches does no good. We, along with a majority of others, appreciate our coaches and the dedication they have for basketball and the time they took to volunteer with the BCAT and this great event.

You people/coaches from Dekalb really know how to show your intelligence. Never once did I say that I was expecting to get my step son a college scholarship that day, in fact, I said he has already got enough offers to choose from. He only went because his coach suggested he should go to keep his options open ( I have also said this several times already). Never once did I say my son was Lebron James (if I really thought that I sure wouldn't have wasted my time going to the BCAT showcase Saturday). We sent out film when he was a junior, and senior. He is on several college recruiting websites and like I have said over and over and over he's going on to college and playing ball. The "anger" stems from simply this one little word "fair". It doesnt affect my step son one bit but it might some other player that comes to one of theses showcases and gets stuck with coaches like Dekalb and sits on the bench the entire time and any hopes that player had of a college coach being interested in him is now gone!! Thats been my point in all of this! Just be fair!!! Thats it! I am thru beating this dead horse and agruing with you simple minded people. Just remember this what goes around comes around.

4changes from my understanding Coach Cope coached ur kid the Simmons kid. Coach Martin coached the signed game. So u are always referring to Dekalb coaches. Atnip's brother told me Cope coached him and that Martin walked around. Just trying to clarify. DeKalb Coaches have nothing against Warren Co players. They wouldn't mistreat the kids. I hate that this has been a sore subject. All coaches that coached in the unsigned game coached their own kids. Maybe for future reference don't do. 4changes we at DeKalb wish ur kid best of luck in college. This event was for the kid's.

• 1 month later...

ok whatever you say! You know everything! One player can't beat a team by himself. Futhermore, I agree WC coach is not good! But none of this has anything to do with Saturday! I am NOT the only person who saw the playing time was not equal I am just the only one saying anything! So think whatever you want to make you feel better. OH and one last thing so where is the two boys from Dekalb going to play college ball at???? For the record my son was not there playing Saturday he graduated last year and was offered basketball scholarships from Walters State, Bryan College, and a few more. So my comments are strictly based on what I saw when I was there Saturday. The facts are 1) Dekalb coaches should not have been allowed to coach their own teams. 2) Dekalb coaches purposely did not play the two WC players 3) The Dekalb players were by far not the best players on the court!!! END OF DISCUSSION

Sorry you were not pleased.