10-24 State Runner Up?!

FutureGM

Bigster, did the student enroll at Dyer Co while living in Lake Co this year? Was he on the team at Dyer Co? Did he tell Lake Co that he moved to Trenton then moved back? You may not know any of these but just some questions I had about it.

No.He went to Dyer Co his freshman year which he is allowed by TSSAA rulles.He went to Dyer Co for two years and played sports there.So he did have a sports record at Dyer Co.Which meant if he wanted to come back to Lake Co,he would have to sit a year.So I assume he and his mother decided to enroll at Trenton and said they had moved in with an Uncle.He was enrolled at Trenton for 4 days which he played in two games,believe it was against Humboldt and Lake Co.Played only a few minutes as Trenton probably didnt have time to even know much about him.Then 4 days later ,enrolled at Lake Co.Coach Barger called Trenton and told them she had a player enrolled supposedely from Trenton.Trenton didnt know much about him and he enrolled at Lake Co.I'm assuming that the kid supposedely moved from Trenton or at least is what he said and I'm assuming if he did move,would have been eligible at Lake Co.But I think what happened was that he had always lived in Lake Co.Lived there the whole time and drove to Trenton from Lake Co .Then probably wanted to come back to Lake Co so said they had moved to Trenton.But never did,Probably drove the 4 days to Trenton while still living in Lake Co.Then enrolled at Lake Co and played in about 7 or 8 games and I believe started in 2 of them.Trenton had to forfeit a win back to Lake Co.Lake Co had to forfeit 4 wins.Halls,Liberty,Trenton and Middleton.All wins on the playing floor but losses in the record books.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful about throwing stones when you live in a glass house!! East TN are no angels when it comes to elgibility rules, Signal Mountain in Chattanooga forfieted some football games over an ineligible player just last year. There have been others as well so it is not just a west tn issue. Maybe in basketball heck the west probably doesn't care if the east is using ineligible players because then they might at least be competitive. :mrgreen: As for this situation, TSSAA found NO wrong doing on Trenton's or Lake Co.'s part they were victim's of misleading information. That is good enough for me. The only reason the games were forfieted was b/c by rule he was ineligible and that is what it says to do in the bylaws. Even though the TSSAA had ruled him eligible based on the same information that was provided to Trenton and LC. Heck they are school teachers and coaches not private investigators. When people come to you with information I guess you expect the AD/Coach to drive to Trenton or where ever and stake out the address and investigate to see if the people are telling the truth?? Really? Let's drop the holier than thou crap and be realistic, but I am sure being the great one that you are ghettozero you have never overlooked ANYTHING or messed up on ANYTHING at whatever job you have, so you are the perfect person to pass judgement on others.

warrior2024, as for arguing with topper06 remember what your pops told ya, never argue with a ignorant person they will only drag you down to their level. No matter what you say he will never understand because the envy and dislke for Coach B will not let him see any other point of view. As for you topper06, I have 2 things for ya, not arguing just asking, 1st why did you not answer my question about where you are coaching and the great job you are doing? You said if you had been on the bench for Humboldt they would have beaten LC by 25 so I am still waiting on that answer since you are so great. 2nd, You said you think Coach B is a good coach but we ALL know that is not true. Because you cannot just say they Coach B can coach or she is good with out coming back and saying she needs to coach girls or its an ego thing or she should have known the player was ineligible. Always must end with something negative so remember that tells the entire story about you.

ohhhh so you're ok with cheating as long as you are involved?

lol nice try...I'm really into moving to west tenn to as I stated in my post..but according to the rule book y'all use its only cheating if you get caught..then it is a 16yr old kids fault and not the adult coaches and administrators

No everyone, ghetto zero is right ALL school officials should assume everyone that comes into their school and enrolls is not telling the truth about their address and situation, they should in turn hire a private investigator or go out themselves and stake out the people's house and travel to the former town just to make sure everything is on the up and up before they allow them into school or on any athletic teams!! Don't expect parents or guardians to tell the truth or be honest because that would be asking too much. Because calling the former school, getting addresses and documentation together is not enough for ole ghetto got to go above and beyond that!! hope you got the sarcasm cause I was laying it on pretty thick!