Station Camp 2013-14?

Panther57T

I may be wrong, but whitehaven did beat us, didnt they? Im a realist. Like ive said before, i evaluate the whole district. Its going to hurt loosing 90%of our offense(mccathern Hopkins). And loosing kids to wc (middle schoolers) and to fcs. Not to mention Cody at safety.

Wc returns a lot of experiance. So does sc, but I think there is better coaching at wc. Along with again the number 2 player in America in 2016. I'm just saying, our last year's have been hard at mj freshman wise, that's why I also think Hendersonville will be good next year.

I can't speak on Maryville and so forth. But I know if your good, your contribute Friday nights. Not monday or Tuesday jv.

How do you come up with that the last TWO years have been tough years for the freshman? Maybe last year wasn't the best; but the year before the freshman were undefeated. That freshman team had at least 3 players that played some varsity ball. No they didn't start; but they got playing time. Sure we lost some major talent in the back field; but we also have a lot of talent returning in backfield.( One starter and one that played significant time. ) We have two very good players that will fill in just fine at the safety position. One started 3 games and the other played a lot.. MJ D line will be very good and deep with all starters returning but 1. Linebackers are very talented; returning a starter and one that started 3 games and played significant time in each game. MJ has some very talented seniors and junior class that is loaded.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys I know we are going to talk about other teams in the district; however this is not a District thread. Wilson Central will be a very good football team this year and I see them riding the momentum they had last year, but as a casual observer of high school football (or just an observer of football in general) I have noticed the area Station Camp is in and I believe there is tremendous growth potential. When I watch them on Friday nights, I must admit I find myself scratching my head at times. I just think that this could be their year. Some of you have posted your thoughts on your expectations for the Bison this year and I would love to hear more. Again, I value all current posts concerning this district just want to hear more about this team.

3 year starter at qb,

a 2 yr starter at wing that recieved for 400+ and ran for another 700

and offensive line where everyone has started, lost one

the number 2 recruit in the nation of 2016

a lb that has started 3 years, and is a spark top atlete.

wc has alot back, lost the fewest contributors in the district.

Plus JV means NOTHING! all underclassmen that are good, like the freshman and soph, all get called up on friday nights, having a good jv team, means you have decent 3rd strings.

i'm just not drinking the kool aid on WC. Last year I saw a team that beat exactly 1 team with a winning record, lost 3 of their last 4, and lost to MJ Beech and Brentwood by a score of 90-29. When Beech played them their D was pretty good but I saw lots of drops and overthrown balls on O. Edited by tandem

• 4 weeks later...

Come on guys I know we are going to talk about other teams in the district; however this is not a District thread. Wilson Central will be a very good football team this year and I see them riding the momentum they had last year, but as a casual observer of high school football (or just an observer of football in general) I have noticed the area Station Camp is in and I believe there is tremendous growth potential. When I watch them on Friday nights, I must admit I find myself scratching my head at times. I just think that this could be their year. Some of you have posted your thoughts on your expectations for the Bison this year and I would love to hear more. Again, I value all current posts concerning this district just want to hear more about this team.

How did Station camp do in their scrimmage against HIllsboro Thursday night? I hear SC has several college prospects. How did it turn out?

i'm just not drinking the kool aid on WC. Last year I saw a team that beat exactly 1 team with a winning record, lost 3 of their last 4, and lost to MJ Beech and Brentwood by a score of 90-29. When Beech played them their D was pretty good but I saw lots of drops and overthrown balls on O.

Also Hurd was injured against Central so that took a load off the Central D. Although they did hold their own while he was in the game, i just dont think they couldve done it the entire game. BUT..this thread isnt titled beech, or mj or wc..etc. its about Station Camp. And i believe that if Malone rises to his FULL potential, they will turn some heads. Should be a strong team i say 4th or 5th in the district fightin for 3rd/4th with WC and HHS

Also Hurd was injured against Central so that took a load off the Central D. Although they did hold their own while he was in the game, i just dont think they couldve done it the entire game. BUT..this thread isnt titled beech, or mj or wc..etc. its about Station Camp. And i believe that if Malone rises to his FULL potential, they will turn some heads. Should be a strong team i say 4th or 5th in the district fightin for 3rd/4th with WC and HHS

WC hurt Hurd on a play in which Hued was met in the hole and dropped on his side. Its on youtube. he was not hurt going into the game.

WC hurt Hurd on a play in which Hued was met in the hole and dropped on his side. Its on youtube. he was not hurt going into the game.

Alright Wilson Central Pride. Please show me where i said he was hurt going into the game. I was at every Beech game. I know when he got hurt. I said hurd was hurt against wc. And he was. His shoulder was injured on that play. Never said he was hurt before the game. 😉

How did Station camp do in their scrimmage against HIllsboro Thursday night? I hear SC has several college prospects. How did it turn out?

Wasn't able to make the scrimmage "Deadly Catch" but did get a run down from a reliable source. Station camp fell 3-0. The score was 0-0 after about 4 drives as they followed the 10 play scrimmage format. Most of Hillsboro's plays were negative plays; however they did score on and big plays. Secondary could be an issue for Station Camp this year, but they could have been missing players. Up front the Bison looked pretty decent though. Offensively I heard the Bison just did not have the speed to make any explosive plays.

That's laughable. First off, the play in which the young man -Andre Corder - picked up Jalen as he was getting the ball and took his feet from underneath him was 'not' the play that Jalen was injured. Jalen was injured on a 4th down toss play where #22 tackled him in an awkward position and his shoulder popped out. Secondly, if they think that will happen again, then more power to them. Ask Oakland's dominant line what it was like trying stop Mr. Hurd a week ago.

With respect to this being a Station Camp thread, I do hope they're better this year. They have talented kids, but I do question the coaching.

That's laughable. First off, the play in which the young man -Andre Corder - picked up Jalen as he was getting the ball and took his feet from underneath him was 'not' the play that Jalen was injured. Jalen was injured on a 4th down toss play where #22 tackled him in an awkward position and his shoulder popped out. Secondly, if they think that will happen again, then more power to them. Ask Oakland's dominant line what it was like trying stop Mr. Hurd a week ago.

With respect to this being a Station Camp thread, I do hope they're better this year. They have talented kids, but I do question the coaching.

Ditto on the last part!