New football coach at JCM is ...............

ReitzFan

Orentheus Taylor was named the new head football coach at JCM today. Taylor is a graduate of Dyersburg High School and he played college football at UTM and Tennessee State according to an article in The .Jackson Sun.

Taylor has coached high school football as an assistant coach for 3 years. Last year he was at Haywood County. He spent the previous two years before that as an assistant at Fayette Ware. Taylor does not have any head coaching experience. According to records from the Coach T website, Taylor's record as an assistant coach was 3 and 27. He did not win a game while at Fayette Ware going 0-20 during his tenure there.

Seems like a very underwhelming hire to me.

What say you Yanker?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.examiner.com/article/orentheus-taylor-takes-over-the-reigns-at-jcm-1

Looks like the guy has only been an assistant for 3 years and just a position coach. I'm wondering if this was already a done deal or if no one applied, because I can't see the logic of hiring a guy with not even coordinator experience to become a head coach with only 3 years of coaching experience..

Edited by HighLife

Stupid on every level --------

You don't hire a guy with THREE years experience. They'll be 0-10 (maybe 1-9, they can probably beat Fayette-Ware).

Had a good coach ready to go, he was getting his assistants in order, and they administration got wind that he was doing that - and backed out. How can you not allow a guy to call and line up assistants BEFORE taking a job????

Eric Jones blew it. I would expect more from a former coach. I guess basketball guys think 1 man can do it by themselves. Its a whole lot different coaching 5 guys vs coaching 22.

Had a good coach ready to go, he was getting his assistants in order, and they administration got wind that he was doing that - and backed out. How can you not allow a guy to call and line up assistants BEFORE taking a job????

The coach you are referring to had already given up his previous position a month ago so that his former team could make the staff moves needed to fill his spot before spring practice, they did this, and now he is looking for a job!!! Edited by slapper