South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

The confusion here most likely comes from the fact that when people hear of Tennessee coaching jobs "being posted" they generally think of the Bulletin Board on TSSAA web site. Vic may have posted the job somewhere else and got that many applicants, but it's not on TSSAA web site. No doubt when this news got out, many of the former applicants reapplied. I doubt seriously there were 60 "new" applicants, but giving Vic the benefit of doubt, 60 of the ones cast aside the first time could be interested again.

Yes, that makes sense. I don't know how such jobs are posted, and perhaps he posted it some other way, or perhaps he simply meant that word had gotten out and 60 of the formers had re-applied via phone or email or text. He probably accepted these as he did the first time.

They have the ability to be good. I have said it several times. They basically lost three really good football players in Johnson, Stone and Hale. IF they can find a way to offset the loss of those three guys they should be tough.

However Marion will be the team to beat this year by far the best valley team. No Disrespect Just Saying. :popcorneater:

Nope and that's funny....I don't know for a fact that its inaccurate but to have 60 applicants within 48 hours for a job that's not posted seems like a lie...I know the SP folks think this is the best job in the state but its not....you are telling me that not only were there 60 local guys(because the job hasn't been posted) thought to themselves not only do I want this job but I think I can get it and on top of that are willing to move or commute a long distance...come on ambassador even you have to find that farfetched...even the Goodpasture job didn't have 60 applicants in the first 48 hours and it pays more than the SP job...cmon man!!

:thumb:

However Marion will be the team to beat this year by far the best valley team. No Disrespect Just Saying. :popcorneater:

You might be right. Marion should be the best team in the valley the next two years, BUT regardless of what you think. The most important thing isn't "being the best team in the valley." Marion is in 2A, if they beat SP that has ZERO bearing on the 1A championship. The most important thing should be "being the best team in your classification" so you can win the ultimate prize. That's what it's all about.

Talk about a civil war if yall steal the head chief!! Probably there D.C. Coach Mac would be my number 1 choice.

Dad burnit feller, Old Pirate didn't know SP had all them Jasper fellers coaching the Pirates that Purple Grad spoke of. Recon a futeball coach coaching the Pirates like coach Dave did for years would jest add some fuel to the fire. Recon us fellers will jest wait and see how this mess shakes out.

OP looks to me like you SP people got on some of them rose colored glasses y'all used to talk so much of.. Talkin bout turmoil.. SP has it.. Who is gonna be principal?? Lots of questions gotta be answered for the pirate faithful.. It's a big mess I tell ya.. JUMP OFF BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS!!! Lol jk. Good luck in your searches! I've said it all along... What goes around comes around... And it's coming!!!

Talk is rampant around the break room the last several days. Word is a coach from Jasper is interested in the SP position now! Could this be the Warrior chief is contemplating an upgrade? Leastways, hopefully a new skipper will be named soon.

McCurry has too much sense than to go into a program with so many questions unanswered like at Sp.. Number 1.... No administrational leadership... NONE!! This has already been proven.. I love how you people think SP is the most attractive program for a premier coach... NEWS FLASH!..... It ain't.. I believe VG has gotten SP into a big mess! Potentially devastating mess!! Dada da dada

Edited by 98nationalchmps

I don't know what all the fuss is about Coach Ross. Evidently he was not the coach for the Pirates so now Coach Grider is on the hunt for another one. I trust him and the committee to bring in the best coach for the job. This bunch of boys could be molded into a good team that could compete for the 1A state championship.

Some may doubt the interest in the SP coaching job.....let them doubt. There is a much better chance of winning a state championship at SP than there is at most schools because of the talent that is here year in and year out. UncleDave has faith that the Pirates will be fine this year.