Catch me up to speed

Solomon

I've done as bad as I have ever done keeping up with high school baseball this year.

What does 14-AA and 4-AAA look like?

Thanks in advance.

Chester Co,Bolivar,McNairy Co,Jackson SS,and Lexington all have good programs this year.Lexington is probably the best of those if they are all playing well but have had some inconsistent hitting over the course of the season...their pitching is solid with three of the best in 14AA.McNairy and Chester are mirror images of one another with a very good #1 pitcher and three or four hitters who pound the ball,then pitching and hitting fall to average at best.SS and Bolivar could get hot and one of the two come out of the region but are longshots.Lexington will have to come out of the losers bracket after dropping one to Chester Co,so I'd make McNairy,Chester and Lexington about even money at this point in the tournament.On a sad note...Ricky Parker passed away on the 27'th...I know how you like'd his pulled pork...won't be the same without him behind the counter.

Chester Co,Bolivar,McNairy Co,Jackson SS,and Lexington all have good programs this year.Lexington is probably the best of those if they are all playing well but have had some inconsistent hitting over the course of the season...their pitching is solid with three of the best in 14AA.McNairy and Chester are mirror images of one another with a very good #1 pitcher and three or four hitters who pound the ball,then pitching and hitting fall to average at best.SS and Bolivar could get hot and one of the two come out of the region but are longshots.Lexington will have to come out of the losers bracket after dropping one to Chester Co,so I'd make McNairy,Chester and Lexington about even money at this point in the tournament.On a sad note...Ricky Parker passed away on the 27'th...I know how you like'd his pulled pork...won't be the same without him behind the counter.

Yeah, my mom kept me up to date on it. Really sad. I've found pretty good stuff up here, but nothing that compares to his. Funny though, about 8 different people have let me know he died. I guess my love of his food was well known by all. :)

Who gets the place now? Mom didn't know.

Edited by Solomon

Yeah, my mom kept me up to date on it. Really sad. I've found pretty good stuff up here, but nothing that compares to his. Funny though, about 8 different people have let me know he died. I guess my love of his food was well known by all. :)

Who gets the place now? Mom didn't know.

I haven't heard yet...hope one of his employee's steps up.Scott's has been a mainstay since I can remember and I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I do if it'll still be around.

His sons have been working there for awhile now. I think they had been doing a lot of the work recently anyway.

Great to hear that,that should ensure the tradition continues.Back to 14AA baseball...Lexington's cold bats proved fatal tonight,they lost to Liberty 2-1 and were eliminated.Never thought Liberty could've held them to one run,but that's baseball I guess.Some of the biggest bats graduate this year,but their pitching is young and the middle school team wasn't challenged all season,so they should be all right for the next few years at least.

Chester Co beat Mcnairy 8-4 in the Winner's final. Bolivar beat Liberty 12-8 and McNairy beat Bolivar 6-3 in the loser's final. Chester Co and McNairy meet today in the Championship game with McNairy having to beat Chester Co twice. The winner host Crockett Co and the loser has to travel to Dyersburg.

It looks like this is going to be a really open district over the next few years. You take your comments about Lexington. Bolivar has a young team. I don't think Southside has a Senior on the team or if they do, they don't have many. McNairy returns most of their pitching and a couple of hitters next year. They also have a talented frosh class coming in. I think Chester Co loses some Seniors this year but they have some really good young players including their #1 only being a Soph. I also heard they have a good frosh class as well.

Edited by LetMeHearYA