A-AA State Predictions?

DCURTIS

Here's mine...

WH over ND, BDP once again ends Irish season...Boys this time.

CAK big over TCA, only blowout of the quarters.

Kingsbury over Greeneville, close probably, but the Kingsbury track team moves on.

CPA over East Hamilton, I think this is a pick em game, but am giving the nod to the Lions.

WH gets the CAK mojo off their backs and rolls into their first ever soccer state championship game.

CPA edges Kingsbury and sets up the region 5 title rematch this time for the big trophy.

White House Blue Devils win first ever soccer state championship by defeating CPA convincingly in the final... BDP

Quarterfinals

Disclaimer: Soccer, as with any sport, is prone to some unexpected outcomes. I have not seen most of these teams play, but this is my best guess.

White House v Notre Dame- White House wins

White House looks good on paper this year with only a couple losses to quality teams (Christian Brothers and CPA). Notre Dame will be good, but I'm giving the nod to White House here.

CAK v Trinity Christian - CAK advances

CAK is accustomed to playing high caliber teams, and they should be good for a solid quarterfinal win. This is nothing against Trinity Christian, but I'm calling CAK to advance on a multiple goal margin.

Kingsbury v Greeneville - Greeneville edges Kingsbury

Greeneville has seen Kingsbury now for the past three years with Kingsbury advancing 2-1 for both of the past two years (and later advancing to the state final both years to become two-time runners up). The third time will be the charm for the Devils in this heated series.

Greeneville has a strong senior class (13 seniors?) with an incredibly fast junior forward and a very talented sophomore goalkeeper.

Christ Presbyterian v East Hamilton - East Hamilton wins

This looks to be one of the tougher match-ups Both CPA and East Hamilton have excellent quads from what I have heard this year. East Hamilton defeated CPA 4-1 earlier this year, but I expect a closer margin of victory for EH the second time around.

I'm not going to make semi-final predictions yet.

Comments, etc are welcome.

Edited by jptech7

Keep in mind I have not seen any if these teams play:

White House over Notre Dame by 1 goal probably in OT.

CAK over TCA by multiple goals. I hate to say that, I really want to see TCA make a great run, but they drew the best team.

Kingsbury over Greeneville. Idk if it will stay 2-1, but I do think Kingsbury will keep the 3 straight wins over Greeneville.

Lastly East Hamilton over CPA won't be as close as last time but I still think East H will win

For White House fans: What happened in the big loss to CPA in the region finals? I was really surprised you lost, and by that margin especially.

i agree especially with this! I went to the school of the last team to beat CPA this year and I was pretty sure white house would win, but i saw the highlights and the announcer was saying that white house had most of the chances at first. then CPA got a good header, but the second goal could have (should have) been stopped. third goal was late and partly due to having to push up everyone. not taking anything from CPA, but that game could have been different. Edited by knightsfan

i agree especially with this! I went to the school of the last team to beat CPA this year and I was pretty sure white house would win, but i saw the highlights and the announcer was saying that white house had most of the chances at first. then CPA got a good header, but the second goal could have (should have) been stopped. third goal was late and partly due to having to push up everyone. not taking anything from CPA, but that game could have been different.

I was at the game. Agreed, white house had more chances in the first half and was very close to scoring a couple goals but after the first goal, CPA was able to get some possession and settle down. Second half, WH wasnt really able to generate good scoring chances and CPA played great team defense. Second goal should have been stopped by the keeper but he is young so it doesn't surprise me (still a good shot). If WH had scored in the first half, game could have been different. CPA played a lot more physical and shut down the two big players for WH.

My predictions

WH over Notre Dame (1-0) I think this game is a toss up as it seems Notre Dame has been playing better soccer recently and WH doesn't look as strong as they did early on. Depends on which team shows up.

CAK over TCA (4-0) CAK is not only good but they have the experience. If you just look at the schedules, CAK has played better quality opponents and has 130+ goals to its name. That is incredible G.

Greeneville over Kingsbury (2-1) Don't know much about these teams but I am moving to the Johnson City area so Ill pull for Greeneville!

CPA over East Hamilton (2-0) This will be a great rematch (Score was 3-1 EH last time). I'm pulling for CPA but East Hamiliton is a top notch program. Both teams are playing great in the post season (EH with a 4-0 win over CCS and CPA with a 3-0 win over WH). In the previous game, CPA played a game right before but no excuses. They need to play their best game if they want to win.

Edited by UGArocks

Greeneville over Kingsbury (2-1) Don't know much about these teams but I am moving to the Johnson City area so Ill pull for Greeneville!

Both teams will have good team speed. They both play difficult non-conference schedules (Kingsbury plays a more difficult schedule than G'ville), but don't let Kingbury's 9-11 record deceive anyone (or G'ville's 13-3-4 record).

Greeneville: 1.1 goals allowed per game, 4.6 scored per game, 16th toughest schedule, Region 1AA Champion

Kingsbury: 1.45 goals allowed per game, 1.55 scored per game, 3rd toughest schedule, Region 8AA Champion