13 A vs 14 A

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a tough question. District 13 a/aa would include powerful teams of West Carroll, Dresden, Mckenzie and Huntingdon. District 14 a/aa would also include powerful teams of Union City, Lake County, Humboldt and Trenton. Both are pretty strong. Toss up to me. Last year district 13 for sure.

I think it is a testament to how good rural football is in NW Tennessee. You can make an argument for either District but would agree 13-A proved to be better last year with Huntingdon and Dresden handling 14-A teams in the playoffs. Next year?? who knows flip a coin.

Edited by wardawg2038

I think this is a very interesting question for debate. I'm gonna say 13A. They may not be better next year.... but on a consistent basis in prior years they are. There is no doubt a lot of hype around Humboldt for this next year. But they always have athletes and loads of talent. Just never seem to get past the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. Lake Co. is the same way. Loads of talent and athletes, but can't get over the hump. Union City is the only team (in recent years) that has climbed the mountain and made it to a state championship.

Vice Versa.... 13A has several teams that have made it to state. Huntingdon has multiple appearances. Dresden and McKenzie have both played for state championships. West Carroll is even much improved. Like I said, this next year may be different. But until proven otherwise.... I'm gonna say 13A is better.

Good points for sure BigPurple but I would say as performing well on a big stage I would think that 14-A has a little edge. Lake Co. won 2 Gold Balls and Union City won theirs in 2009 against a very good So. Pitt team. Other than Huntingdon, who actually won theirs in the old AA when you guys and the Mustangs had some of the best playoff battles I had the pleasure of witnessing, the only Gold football in that district calls Bruceton home. As for teams that have made the title game LC, UC, Humboldt,Trenton have all reached the title game and 13-A you got McKenzie, Huntingdon, Dresden and Bruceton so that is even. What does all that rambling mean? Nothing!! LOL time will tell this year. Good luck to 13-A and 14-A and I hope to see teams from our Districts representing the west in the A and AA title games. Also hope to see the Bulldogs back again as well.

Good points for sure BigPurple but I would say as performing well on a big stage I would think that 14-A has a little edge. Lake Co. won 2 Gold Balls and Union City won theirs in 2009 against a very good So. Pitt team. Other than Huntingdon, who actually won theirs in the old AA when you guys and the Mustangs had some of the best playoff battles I had the pleasure of witnessing, the only Gold football in that district calls Bruceton home. As for teams that have made the title game LC, UC, Humboldt,Trenton have all reached the title game and 13-A you got McKenzie, Huntingdon, Dresden and Bruceton so that is even. What does all that rambling mean? Nothing!! LOL time will tell this year. Good luck to 13-A and 14-A and I hope to see teams from our Districts representing the west in the A and AA title games. Also hope to see the Bulldogs back again as well.

You are definitely right about the state championships appearances and championships for the teams I did not mention. The only reason I didn't mention them was because they were not necessarily recent. However, they are still very note worthy.

On another note, those were some great games between Milan and Huntingdon weren't they??? I remember leaving some of them heartbroken and others very happy, but nontheless, they were all great games. Milan is losing ALOT from last year. But there is still alot of talen in the pantry. We won't be too bad.