Cheatham Head Coaching slot will soon be open

None of that is any different from coaching in Metro Nashville. There are programs in Nashville that have limited coaches. Hunters Lane last year had a very small staff in a 6A school. Glencliff, Stratford and others survive on limited staff options. Whites Creek and others work with skeleton crews all the time. Metro coaches cut the fields, repair equipment and facilities, all that. There is one coach in metro who is still waiting on over a dozen work orders he put in THREE years ago to get done. When it comes to understanding Cheatham County and the issues there, I assure you Metro coaches get it.

The problems with your board folks are repeated daily in Metro schools. They experience the same issues all the time. Cheatham County has not even come close to cornering the market on ludicrous board decisions. There are good coaches who could come in and help you if given the chance. In fact, they might make things even better (I know, shocker, right?).

If they can I say come on and take a shot. I'm open to anyone who would help stop the leaking and help the kids focus on football as oppose to all of this "coach talk" nonsense.

your an idiot DeadlyCatch. The last thing our kids need is some metro coach to come in and screw up everything even more. There haven't been many coaches in metro that I would want our boys to play for. Hillsboro had a couple of good ones and Antioch had a good one but besides those guys it's the blind leading the blind out there jack. Our kids are already confused enough. Please tell me your not serious howdy.

grew up in that area and cheatam county was always full of tough hard nosed football players. It is a shame that whatever is going on is messing with the sports so bad, in the end it is the kids that eventually pay the price, tough to make a man work for very little just to be a football coach, sounds like getting someone that lives nearby would be a good choice...to late, like many of the schools in metro nashville are finding out the hard way what a lack of concern for sports does to the overall moral of the school in general,seems like everyone has to find out the hard way

The Cheatham County BOE and Director of Schools collectively couldn't figure out how to screw in a lightbulb without messing it up. They have botched and bumbled their way through virtually every decision that has been made since the idiotic hiring of Tim Webb. If you are an outsider looking in this is comedy at its finest, but if you have any ties to the school system it is frustrating, infuriating, and embarrassing. Just yesterday the newly hired football coach resigns and today a new basketball coach has been named at Cheatham. Just as in the football situation a committee was formed to search for a coach. The committee made recommendations and then Curtis ignored them and hired someone from the outside. These committees were a total farce. They were composed of people who are interested in doing what is best for the kids and the community, but were ignored because Curtis and his cronies DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE OF CHEATHAM COUNTY! They wind up with egg on their face as a result of their newly appointed football coach resigning after 2 weeks and then go and do the exact same thing with the basketball position on the same day. Sadly all of this comes on the heels of probably the best year of boy's athletics in school history. I hope they go slithering back to Coach Jackson and he tells them to go F*&^% themselves and moves on to a place where he can be treated the way he deserves. Coach Stuart has been an invaluable part of the basketball program for years, is recommended by the search committee, and then not only gets bypassed for the job he deserves, just like Jackson, but also finds this out from a 3rd party. The cowards in charge didn't have the decency to tell him face to face. The people of Cheatham County have 2 options-1) Go to board meetings, be a pain in Curtis and Collins' rear ends, and demand that things change or create it via the ballot box or 2) run like heck and move on to greener pastures. It is simply sad to watch a few morons screw up athletics in a system to the extent that these carpetbaggers have done. As usual the kids are the real losers here. I suppose it is just a coincidence that there is a mass exodus of coaches from Cheatham County. I am sure there will be more in the next few weeks, and then the idiots in charge can continue their reign of fear and stupidity. Good luck Cheatham County- you will need it!

Wow....thanks pot.

Its idiotic to assume that they way Cody did things is the only way and that it must be continued. Cody is a good coach and a good guy, but even he would admit there is always a better way to do something. You assuming that its the best because it works in Cheatham County is shortsighted and idiotic. Maybe there is an even better way. Maybe somebody outside could come in there and win a state title.

I guess that's idiotic as well. In that case, just sit back and enjoy the first round of the playoffs every year. No need to make things even better.

Different place, different demographics, different situation. When you dont know what you are talking about, its best to keep quite so everyone wont know just how foolish you are. No one is saying other people cant coach, what they are saying is ITS NOT THE COACH, ITS THE IDIOTS IN CHARGE AND AS LONG AS THEY REPLACE LOYAL EMPLOYEES WITH CRONIES, THINGS WILL GET WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER.

Is that clear enough for you? As another person on this thread said, men have fought for these kids, and men have moved on when they did not receive needed support. What many of these same men did with the opportunities given are nothing short of miraculous. Lets go down the list of coaches who have been through the county and left because of politics. Donnie Webb (head coach at Franklin), Cody Finley (head coach at Stewart County), Marshall Winkler (Asst. Coach at Franklin), Tommy Tharpe (Head Coach in Louisiana), Marty Euvarard (head coach at MBA), Rich Butler (former head coach at Clarksville NE, and Oakland) and on and on and on and on.

These are just a few that have been highly successful both in Cheatham County and elsewhere.

Get a clue. Stay in Metro and wallow in that mess. We want better!

Different area different demographics. Hmmmm and others said those things were not a factor when Cody was applying in metro. Oh and you want better yet Cody wanted better and applied here. Yet he didn't even get an interview. Systems do not matter, demographics do not matter, all that junk doesn't mean squat. Give the kids a coach that will work his butt off and truly care about the kids and they will all be successful.