Can anybody hang with maryville...at least for the

Guest beachrebel13

from what ive seen, i know m. west has not got a shot against maryville, knox central has a better shot, but not if maryville brings their A game. the only team i see that might can take maryville is hillsboro and possibly melrose. anyone else just doesnt have what it takes, and would require and act of GOD to win.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dfootballfan

Maryville is a good strong team and so is West but you have to look at the score of the West - Greeneville game and the talent of the Greene Devils. Cody Baugh is awsome and has an arm so Greeneville coming up strong and possible to see Maryville agian but different turnout than 2 yrs. ago.

I believe it will be a lot tougher this year. In the East you have teams like Knox Central,Powell,Greeneville,Morristown West,Tennessee High and a surging Cleveland team.

In Middle Tennessee you have Hillsboro,Overton,Tullahoma,White House and Columbia.

In West Tennessee you have the Memphis Powerhouses Melrose and East.

All those teams would love nothing better than to kick Maryville's butt. All those teams are very good teams.It will not be easy for anyone this year.

Maryville better not overlook Hixson or they will be in trouble. I still remember 2 years ago. Hixson will have some good athletes.

It comes down to two things for Maryville - Focus and Discipline. It is hard to argue that there is a more talented team than Maryville - they have a complete package. What the playoffs come down to is discipline and focus - and that leads to coaching. If Maryville's coaches are able to keep the Rebels focused, I don't think there is anyone that can beat them. But, Maryville will be Maryville's toughest opponent. If they don't kill themselves with turnovers and dumb unforced mistakes, they'll win another gold ball. :D

Maryville is where its at. Every team Ron mentioned is dangerous except Tulluhoma. They are the annual 4A choke squad and even their formers players do not believe in them. I think Maryville can stop Baugh and the pass and that Maryville can slow down Hillsboro. Cleveland always make noise ('99) but always gets it. Central is the team to be on the lookout for.

The most dangerous team on the planet is Hixson, because they are the only team that can knock Maryville out!!!

Stay focused,... Stay disciplined,... One Play at a time,... one quarter at a time,... one game at a time.

It's one and you're done season. Time to hit second gear!

Go Rebs.

Maryville is definitely tough. They have not only proved that this year but also in the last several years. It's obvious that they won't fall easily, but you never know what way the ball is gonna bounce... anyways i feel that if they play morr. west again it will at least be a better game. I also believe a maryville/greeneville matchup would be a great game that could come down to the wire. as for now it seems the public obviously favors maryville over all, but as always only time will tell...