Top 23 Games for Week 0: Liberty at Henry County

CoachT

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions? This is the quietest the HC fan base has ever been as long as I've been on CoachT. Where is everybody?

I predict:

1  Raised eyebrows among playoff contenders after tonight

2  This Patriot team will be compared to the best we've fielded

3  Warm weather for the next few days

4  Continued unrest in Egypt

5  Long lines at the concession stand at half time

6  We'll look better this year against Liberty than last

7  Many more comments on Coach T next week than this week

8  Everyone will be impressed with my new logo: the FaxOnly

9  I will bait some unsuspecting Beech fan into a meaningless argument next week

I predict:

1  Raised eyebrows among playoff contenders after tonight

2  This Patriot team will be compared to the best we've fielded

3  Warm weather for the next few days

4  Continued unrest in Egypt

5  Long lines at the concession stand at half time

6  We'll look better this year against Liberty than last

7  Many more comments on Coach T next week than this week

8  Everyone will be impressed with my new logo: the FaxOnly

9  I will bait some unsuspecting Beech fan into a meaningless argument next week

Hmmm, how much of this was actually correct? One thing is for sure, we won the game by wearing down the athletic competition. Much too sloppy for my liking, but then again it is the first real test under the lights. Way to go Big Red!

HC wins 40-21 in a game that was better than the score indicates. It was a tale of two halves.

Liberty held a 14-7 halftime lead before the Patriots responded with a 33-7 turnaround in the 2nd half.

Plenty of mistakes for both teams tonight, which is to be expected in the first game, but I hope these slow starts aren't a developing trend for Henry County (first the jamboree and then tonight), because we can't afford them against Beech and Ridgeway. Once we made adjustments and found our stride we looked good. We just flat out wore them down in the 2nd half. I thought Randolph played a great game outside of the one pick, and the backs run as hard as any. The defense didn't allow Liberty much of anything in second half (their lone score was a kickoff return), and we're gonna need 4 quarters of that in the coming weeks.

Happy to get the win. Liberty is a solid team with good athletes (still way too many penalties though), but if they cut out the mistakes, they have the potential to make some noise come November. As for HC, there is plenty of potential, but they gotta bring it for 4 quarters, and I know the special teams are a heck of a lot better than what they showed tonight. 2 missed PATs, one blocked PAT, and gave up a kickoff return for a TD. I expect that will get turned around. One plus was that Rammel put it in the endzone consistently.

On a side note, they said on the radio after the game that Thompson's injury looks to be a shoulder and not a head or neck, thank God. It looked like he was out cold there for a minute.  

Hats off to Liberty. They are a good team and will have much success this year. The Patriots need to clean up their penalties and get a in a groove. That takes time & teams usually show the most improvement from game 1 to game 2. I feel like this HC team has the depth & players to make a deep run. On to Beech.