Top 23 Games for Week 0: Mitchell at Whitehaven

CoachT

I know I'm  kinda hard on the OC. Actually I gave him props last year because I was very impressed with the playcalling last year. And I believe that was the main reason we beat Maryville, namely the overttime call to win the game! So I will reserve my judgement until I see otherwise in the playcalling;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to watch these boys! I'll be in town for the Fairley game... I know this much, Whitehaven's QB will carry this team as far as it will go. He is Legit. He's as cool in the pocket as T-Money Mitchell (#17 from two seasons ago) was with just as much athleticism as Pat (#2 from last season)! Hopefully I get a chance to see some film. Anytime the offense doesn't put up 30+ point The OC will get that criticism. It comes with the territory at Whitehaven. Honestly, its like this, Mark Jr. was one of the most Special Players to come thru Whitehaven. He's up there with the Curtis Alexanders and the Ronte Langs of the world. Let's see what types of points get put up this season. I honestly see plenty of scoring coming mainly because they have a real deal Prospect at the QB spot and not to mention Willingham at WR. Throw that thang coach (Old school coach voice)!   :ugeek: 

Well ... I missed the first game of the season. I arrived when the 1st quarter got underway and they had already closed the ticket booth for the evening. I couldn't get in to watch the game. I had to run errands all day and that was the earliest I could arrive.

Bummer!

I stood outside of the fence on the west end to watch what I could. Terrible viewpoint. It's very hard to make out anything from there. Oh well ... you better believe I won't have THAT happen again.

Wow , you gotta be kidding !!?? They closed the Ticket Booth that early? That's ridiculous , just throwing money away , At Maryville I see people coming in all the way up to Halftime sometimes , sorry you couldn't get in , that really stinks !

I know I'm  kinda hard on the OC. Actually I gave him props last year because I was very impressed with the playcalling last year. And I believe that was the main reason we beat Maryville, namely the overttime call to win the game! So I will reserve my judgement until I see otherwise in the playcalling;)

Lasal2000:

I remember you coming around later on in the season last year. I think this year's offensive philosophy will revolve around Jordan's prouction. I think our RB tanem is a nightmare to prepare for. I see our ground game will probably average 250 ypg. I think our passing game has the potential to average 200 ypg. I think those are legitamitly achievable goals.

Wow , you gotta be kidding !!?? They closed the Ticket Booth that early? That's ridiculous , just throwing money away , At Maryville I see people coming in all the way up to Halftime sometimes , sorry you couldn't get in , that really stinks !

Pep:

I kid you not. I was beyond flabbergasted. You have to understand that the City of Memphis gave up it's charter, so this is the first year that the County is responsible for everything. Literally, there is a new sheriff in town. I don't know who decided to close the ticket booths, but they did.

Edited by kwc

Pep:

I kid you not. I was beyond flabbergasted. You have to undderstand that the City of Memphis gave up it's charter, so this is the first year that the County is responsible for everything. Literally, there is a new sheriff in town. I on't know who decided to close the ticket booths, but they did.

Wow first time I've ever heard of something like this , really is silly , I don't know who you could complain to but I would if you figure out who to talk to . 

Most of y'all just need to be fans and stop trying to criticize, watch film, or breakdown things. It's easy to TALK, but let those guys coach! If you wanna be a coach, go out there. I just like watching the games and appreciate those men putting in time with those kids. I'm sure those coaches put in a lot of work to be the best and last I checked they are proven. Now if Whitehaven comes out and throws the ball 25 times and lose then I bet you same critics will say, "they should hve run those two backs!"

Most of y'all just need to be fans and stop trying to criticize, watch film, or breakdown things. It's easy to TALK, but let those guys coach! If you wanna be a coach, go out there. I just like watching the games and appreciate those men putting in time with those kids. I'm sure those coaches put in a lot of work to be the best and last I checked they are proven. Now if Whitehaven comes out and throws the ball 25 times and lose then I bet you same critics will say, "they should hve run those two backs!"

19coach11:

It's a message board and folk are going to give their opinions. It's amazing what these coaches have accomplished. You have to also remember this 19coach11. When you get to this level, criticism will come and everything will be scrutinized. That's a part of being considered one of the best. Well, now that I think about it ... on this site, just about every coach has their fair share of detractors. Win or lose. I've read people question some of coach Quarles decisions and I say to myself ... really? The man's pedigree is impeccable ... and people try to throw stones. If coach Quarles gets the occasional 'drive by' shooter ... so will the Whitehaven coaches. No one is off limits.

Edited by kwc

Don't short. Change our run game fam! Ramadi had about a 60yd run called back which would put him and marshawn close to 400yds. Both should get close to if not more than 200 a game. Not to mention our fullback who run at least a 4.5 40 if not faster(darin davis). In a nut shell our run games will be da same as last year just more people. The passing game will no doubt be better!

Don't short. Change our run game fam! Ramadi had about a 60yd run called back which would put him and marshawn close to 400yds. Both should get close to if not more than 200 a game. Not to mention our fullback who run at least a 4.5 40 if not faster(darin davis). In a nut shell our run games will be da same as last year just more people. The passing game will no doubt be better!

coach10ac:

I don't think anybody is shortchanging the run game at all. I don't know about 200 a game each either. I think they are both fully CAPABLE of doing just that, but I don't think 200 a game from each will be needed. Here is why I say this. There will be special team plays and defensive plays that either score or give WH a short field. Not to mention the improved passing attack. WH could, in theory, get to running clock status in some games where the smart thing to do will be to put some of the 2's and 3's in to see live bullets. This could all be done in some games where the run game has amassed about 200 yrds or less and the score is way out of hand.

Then there will be those games where both backs will have broke for 200 yards apiece in the game and the passing attack gets us 200 yards or better. Last year's Ridgeway game come to mind.

I know our run game is VERY potent. VERY!

Could be true but here's why I say it..most of they're yards are from huge gains. Like last yr most of marks yds came in da 1st half. So did these to guys. Marshawn went ova 100 in his what, 1st 5 carries.... so did ramadi. Braking off long runs will be hard to stop. Hence both gettin 10 to 15 carries ova 100 yds a game!! Well. Ova 100yda a game for both.