Single A Teams

Grace Christian Knoxville is a team to watch. Region champs last year and did not loose anyone. Only one senior on team next year so they still are very young. Had a good summer, looked real good in some games and tired in others and played a lot of young and second stringers to develop them this summer. Played Clarkrange at tech without best player and lone senior (sick) and lost by 6 and was 2-3 point game the whole way. Beat Clay, Gordansville, warren county, Anderson county, Clinton, William Blount, union county, Franklin road, 6A team from Alabama, Warburg, ringgold and others. Also lost to some teams they shouldn't have by playing a lot of players, but that's summer camp. For sure a team to watch.

Grace Christian Knoxville is a team to watch. Region champs last year and did not loose anyone. Only one senior on team next year so they still are very young. Had a good summer, looked real good in some games and tired in others and played a lot of young and second stringers to develop them this summer. Played Clarkrange at tech without best player and lone senior (sick) and lost by 6 and was 2-3 point game the whole way. Beat Clay, Gordansville, warren county, Anderson county, Clinton, William Blount, union county, Franklin road, 6A team from Alabama, Warburg, ringgold and others. Also lost to some teams they shouldn't have by playing a lot of players, but that's summer camp. For sure a team to watch.

Welcome to the T and good luck

I agree about Grace Christian's Girls. I watched them play Hampton in the Sub-State. They were a good team. Next year you can look for Hampton and Cloudland to be there again, along with North Greene, South Greene and Cosby. Only 2 teams from that region can advance so it will be tough. People saw how tough Region 1 was this past season when our runner-up went on the road and beat Region 2's Champ by 20 on their own floor. Look forward to more good basketball next season

region 1 should be a dog fight,Cloudland has pretty much the same team as two years ago they lost the player of the year Brooke Rhodes but they get back C Clark at point and some younger kids got a ton of playing time last year also got some girls back from injuries.should be a fun year.

Jackson County is loaded with UK Signee and the current Class A Miss Basketball Jaycee Coe, along with sophomore standouts in Allen and Flynn barring any major injuries they will be the team to beat once again. As we all know anything can happen come tourney time but it would be a monumental upset if they weren't in the buro' again defending their title.

Jackson County will always be a top team. Thinking about the team UC is bringing back it could possibly be a rematch with Amber Fair returning to the line up. I would be happy to see that again. Looking to see UC ladies back at the Boro for the third year in a row. If UC could stay healthy the could finally get their first Gold Ball. If Fair would have been healthy we might have one the gold this year. Just Saying Good luck To the Lady Tornadoes this up coming season.

Jackson County will always be a top team. Thinking about the team UC is bringing back it could possibly be a rematch with Amber Fair returning to the line up. I would be happy to see that again. Looking to see UC ladies back at the Boro for the third year in a row. If UC could stay healthy the could finally get their first Gold Ball. If Fair would have been healthy we might have one the gold this year. Just Saying Good luck To the Lady Tornadoes this up coming season.

I really liked the way Fair played when i seen her two years ago and she will definitely be a huge plus for UC this next year. Hopefully all the young ladies stay healthy and have great years. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see UC in the championship game again, they are that talented. Good luck to you guys and with a little luck and God's grace we will see you all in March!

Last years championship would have been a nail bitter if Amber Fair would have played....I'm sure UC would love to have another shot at JC and with Hensley no longer in the middle, this is UC's best shot...saying that, JC will still be VERY good. Don't forget Clarkrange either, they lost a ton of their guard experience, but the two Juniors they have in Shaver and Cooper, they will be TOUGH!!!

Last years championship would have been a nail bitter if Amber Fair would have played....I'm sure UC would love to have another shot at JC and with Hensley no longer in the middle, this is UC's best shot...saying that, JC will still be VERY good. Don't forget Clarkrange either, they lost a ton of their guard experience, but the two Juniors they have in Shaver and Cooper, they will be TOUGH!!!

No doubt JC will miss the presence of Hensley on inside. However, after watching them this summer there pace of play will be much faster. They now have five who can run the floor every possession. Also, will probably be able to press more on the defensive end. As for clarkrange the word is one of the better guards from crossvile has transferred to the range.

No doubt JC will miss the presence of Hensley on inside. However, after watching them this summer there pace of play will be much faster. They now have five who can run the floor every possession. Also, will probably be able to press more on the defensive end. As for clarkrange the word is one of the better guards from crossvile has transferred to the range.

It's true...she previously played for South Fentress in middle school. It was in the herald citizen a few weeks ago.

As for what I meant about Hensley being gone and it being UC's best shot...is the fact that UC is huge!! Big bruising post players... I can't wait to see how it pans out...would not be shocked at all for there to be a rematch of last years championship in 2014.