Single A Teams

If Fair stays healthy,gotta go with Union City this year

I can see where you're coming from with that opinion. But with the talent Jackson County has this year, they are being highly underrated. Take the returning players from last year for example. Jaycee Coe played her way to a State MVP, Gold Ball, and Miss Basketball, the other starter returning is Kassidy Allen who garnered all district tournament and state tournament selections, and Upper Cumberland Freshman of the year. Mckenzie Flynn was selected to the All Region tournament team and played a majority of the state tournament at point. last year, Allen and Coe played all 32 minutes of the state championship game. They are competitors and Jackson County will stop at nothing to get yet another Gold Ball.

If Fair stays healthy,gotta go with Union City this year

Don't blame you for representing your home town team, but JC has already beaten a better UC team with Fair in the lineup 2 years ago. Coming back from an ACL i don't see her being the dominant force she once was but she is still a very good player and any team would love to have her playing for them including us! UC can't guard Coe and Jim Brown will out coach UC's coach every day of the year so if these two teams meet again i see another repeat of the past two years. Jackson County by double digits.... :popcorneater:

Don't blame you for representing your home town team, but JC has already beaten a better UC team with Fair in the lineup 2 years ago. Coming back from an ACL i don't see her being the dominant force she once was but she is still a very good player and any team would love to have her playing for them including us! UC can't guard Coe and Jim Brown will out coach UC's coach every day of the year so if these two teams meet again i see another repeat of the past two years. Jackson County by double digits.... :popcorneater:

Union city isnt my home town team.But I also don't think the UC team two years ago was better than this team.Especially had Fair still been in the lineup.And especially this years team with most of them a year older.Lake

Co was the best team in the district two years ago .Just lost when it counted most to them.

Union city isnt my home town team.But I also don't think the UC team two years ago was better than this team.Especially had Fair still been in the lineup.And especially this years team with most of them a year older.Lake

Co was the best team in the district two years ago .Just lost when it counted most to them.

Anything can happen come tournament time, we know this all too well.  Clarkrange will be greatly improved this year and with Goodpasture moving into our region it won't be an automatic berth to the state tournament anymore however i do see both of these teams back in the state tournament barring any major injuries.  

Not much noise from middle Tennessee teams......I expect JC and UC to meet in the finals pending the blind draw and that being said anything can happen. Out of middle, Moore Co, Cwood and Stown took some big graduation losses and it leaves the middle wide open. Clifton was young but made great strides last season and figures to be a player in district 12 along with summertown with their sophomore class and Loretto. Houston Co should be a player for a state birth as well as Moore Co that played alot of youngsters last year. There is not a team from district 11 that should be taken seriously....

I heard about a really good player coming up in celina. She'll be in 8th grade this year. Anyone know anything about her?

This is a high school board, normally we keep the younger ones off limits until they reach high school.  Clay County always has good athletes coming up through the ranks so it doesn't surprise me at all to hear that.   :popcorneater:

This is a high school board, normally we keep the younger ones off limits until they reach high school.  Clay County always has good athletes coming up through the ranks so it doesn't surprise me at all to hear that.   :popcorneater:

Some schools have 8th graders playing high school ball if they are on the same campus .Bradford has had many 8th graders play and I believe Gleason,or at least Gleason has in the past i believe.Know Bradford does.Don't know about clay Co,which you may know is on a seperate campus and indeed an 8th grader.

Some schools have 8th graders playing high school ball if they are on the same campus .Bradford has had many 8th graders play and I believe Gleason,or at least Gleason has in the past i believe.Know Bradford does.Don't know about clay Co,which you may know is on a seperate campus and indeed an 8th grader.

If they are playing with the varsity, that's fine but if they are not,let's talk about them next year. It's nice to know that Coach Simms has new talent back stage,so to speak.