District 10A - 2013

Shep

Yep, he meant bought. I seem to recall a similar thread last year about CA by him.  Sometimes you just gotta recognize that maybe the other guy is smarter, stronger, better prepared, worked harder, out schemed you, or just out played you.  Then, you try to get better.  HC beat us last year by wanting it more, not cheating.    Congrats on a solid win NCS.  

Thanks monoptn.  Your points are spot on.  How did East Robertson look against you guys last night?  Looks like they put up a good fight.

No I meant bought! I'm not a hater. NC has a great team but all those kids didn't just show up at NC's doors and say I'm here to play for your team that played average in the last few years. I'm sure NC's BOUGHT team will have no problem with the rest of the district. Don't get me wrong if one day my son is good enough to be noticed I will shop for the best team and offers also. My point is that public and private schools should not be in the same district. Public schools have a big disadvantage in regard to enticing athletes and not just with monetary means. I'm not being disrespectful to the team or players from what I saw and heard from the HC players these NC players had more sportsmanship and better attitude than in years past and they have many exceptional athletes just knocking the system that TSSAA has in place.

Hey watkins.  We've been through this before (with other posters) about NCS.  It is a private school that offers $0 dollars to anyone in financial help.  I don't care if you are the principal's kid.  You get no financial help whatsoever.  And I'm close enough to the program to know that it's not coming in the back door either - this is not BA or Ensworth.  The change that you and others are seeing in this program starts at the top.  If you knew Coach Brothers (and the guys he's put together on this staff) you would want your kid playing for him at any cost.  We have families that drive an hour to get their kids to this school.  I completely agree with your assessment of public vs. private.  My son's teachers are awesome.  The class size averages about 15 students/teacher.  He's getting quite an education in the classroom and on the field.  BTW, your boys have nothing to be ashamed of after last night.  They competed hard until the final whistle.  They were just out-manned.  In years to come it might be turned around.

If ncs can't win state with 3 sec calibur players on a 1a team then there is a problem.

Maybe if we were talking basketball, football is quite a different story.  These same three boys were on last year's team and Huntingdon was a machine that couldn't be stopped.  The district is ours for the taking, after that, who knows?

And by the way, there are more than 3 SEC caliber players on this team.  Give this coaching staff another year or two with these guys and it will play out.

Edited by NCSdad1962

From what Ive seen SEC would be a stretch for any seniors on NCS team. The running back #34? could be SEC material. I believe if any of these seniors or even juniors are SEC material they would be dominating is single A. But with hard work maybe a walk on at an SEC school. But I would think it better to go to a smaller Div. 1 school and have a chance to play. Go NCS!!!!!

Whatever. Keep telling yourselves there at NC whatever you want. Here at HC we have to play with what we have. If you dont help players financially its still called recruiting.

My son had to do financial work with #34 and along with my son and his friends they worked there buts off for it.

Edited by cowboymom

3 SEC. Players huh. That's the funniest thing I have heard sense butchies. Revels got beat by. Jb. A few yrs back. And what kind of moron is saying jb don't have coaches. How many state championships has the all mighty nc. Played in the last 10 yrs I guess they should just go on and give y'all the 123A gold ball. Because y'all are what 3-0. Bunch of. Blow bags.