District 10A - 2013

Shep

3 SEC. Players huh. That's the funniest thing I have heard sense butchies. Revels got beat by. Jb. A few yrs back. And what kind of moron is saying jb don't have coaches. How many state championships has the all mighty nc. Played in the last 10 yrs I guess they should just go on and give y'all the 123A gold ball. Because y'all are what 3-0. Bunch of. Blow bags.

Wow - we win a few games, have a few boys go on official SEC school visits and we have to put up with your drivel?  Where's the ignore button?

CowboyMom please explain how HC is "butthurt"? Or any public school related to this manner? Disgusting to read people talking down a rising program on a forum. From what I've seen on film, HC is hurting right now they just can't seem to get the gears turning but when they do they'll be that dangerous team Clark is known for. These guys from HC are something I haven't seen in a long time my friend they wouldn't give up if you put them in a corner with their hands tied behind their back. So no I wouldn't say anyone is too "butthurt" over this bought team from NC. Disappointed? Yes

CowboyMom please explain how HC is "butthurt"? Or any public school related to this manner? Disgusting to read people talking down a rising program on a forum. From what I've seen on film, HC is hurting right now they just can't seem to get the gears turning but when they do they'll be that dangerous team Clark is known for. These guys from HC are something I haven't seen in a long time my friend they wouldn't give up if you put them in a corner with their hands tied behind their back. So no I wouldn't say anyone is too "butthurt" over this bought team from NC. Disappointed? Yes

Yep, he meant bought. I seem to recall a similar thread last year about CA by him.  Sometimes you just gotta recognize that maybe the other guy is smarter, stronger, better prepared, worked harder, out schemed you, or just out played you.  Then, you try to get better.  HC beat us last year by wanting it more, not cheating.    Congrats on a solid win NCS.  

Maybe if we keep posting the above quote from an informed poster, we can shut the uninformed up - you know who you are.  You are from the team that is not smarter, not stronger, not better prepared, didn't work harder, were out schemed, and were just outplayed.  LOL.

First, I must say, I'm excited with the progression and new success that NC has shown over the last 2 to 3 years. As an alumni of NC I find myself checking the Tennesseean boxscores every Saturday and occasionally peak in on the coacht forums to gain any additional insight to their team and 10A in general. However, I must say...after assisting with their baseball program and also with their strength and conditioning program the last two years with coach Crosby, there are not SEC caliber players at NC at this time. I admit there are quality players and size that NC has not had since the Keeton days in the late 90's but to think these young kids are SEC talent is a bit far fetch. There are many players of such talent sprinkled throughout all of Tennessee high school football, they just happen to stick out in a class A. I'm not saying these athletes are not good but they have a lot of work to get to the SEC and to receive a "committable" offer. As to the argument of private vs public, I was a big advocate for NC to jump to d2 when the likes of Davidson, ezell, etc did so. To all that are unaware, NC will never compete financially with those or any private school for that matter and b/c of that I highly doubt NC will ever move to d2. I agree that there should be a separation of private vs public, I do think it is a competitive advantage that private schools can inherit transfer students or new kids and tremendously upgrade their athletic teams. However, this has occurred for years and NC had not ever been as successful. I have to give coach brothers and his staff credit for the preparation and determination to build a successful blueprint at a school that has not been relevant for years. I know some will still say these kids miraculously showed up and it's a bit fishy but I can speak from firsthand knowledge that, coach brothers is doing no wrong but more importantly making NC a viable option for higher education in the Bellevue area by reaching out in many ways such as open houses and great summer sport camps and a tremendous effort in the admissions dept. to reach out to perspective students. That's my spill after biting my tongue for soo long

Thanks monoptn.  Your points are spot on.  How did East Robertson look against you guys last night?  Looks like they put up a good fight.

Yeah, East Robertson looked much improved.  They were able to drive the ball on us and hit some big pass plays as well.  We are injury riddled right now and pretty thin at a bunch of spots.  But ER played well I thought, and should win some more games this season from what I saw.  We were very fortunate to get out with a win.  Their coaches that I had the opportunity to talk to were first class too - I was impressed with them.  

Feared Eagle.

Didn't mean to say that. But our team is not bought. The 3 guys that are being recruited by colleges have been there for 3 or more years. All of them are from the Bellevue or pegram or Kingston area and went to NCS because of the drugs at their schools. We just have a good team. I just hate that every time a team like this shows out for a couple of years and people think we cheat or stuff.

Seriously?  A team that made it to the last four standing would have to be "A LOT" better to be the clear-cut favorite to win the district?  Not sure I'm following that logic.

LOL I'm not sure why people keep saying "Seriously?" to me.  I'm serious.  Watkins told me that last week when I said SC would beat HC and guess what...they did.  I watched both teams in the ER jamboree and SC was the better team.

My logic with NC needing to be A LOT better to be considered the clear cut favorite is based off the fact that they didn't even win the district last year.  I'm sure you watched JB play NC last year; were those teams not very even?  To be the clear cut favorite (over JB) I'd expect them to be A LOT better.

I'm not saying they're not A LOT better.  As I stated, I haven't seen NC so y'all could very well take the district.  We'll find out in less than two weeks!

NCS looks better than advertised. More size, power, and depth than in years passed. CA is same ol CA. Which means good. JB has good raw talent but lacks the coaching and strategy to pass CA or NC. That's not meant to be a diss just the truth. I have only seen NC in person and they have D1 talent on both sides. 34,44,50, and if he was a little taller maybe 52. The scary thing about them is 99% of their offensive production is by sophomores. The train is only driven by a senior qb and a more than solid senior wr in Downey. 34 still has lots of learning to do as a runner. Missed a lot of cuts and lanes and still went over the century mark on none carries. Now that should scare the rest of 1A because mark my words every SEC school will want him before he is done.

Looks like you have D1 ignorance too LOL.  You've pretty much described the polar opposite of JB.  JB is a team that lacks raw talent but makes up for it with coaching and strategy.  Coach Adkins' record speaks for itself, go look it up some time.

Seriously? A team that made it to the last four standing would have to be "A LOT" better to be the clear-cut favorite to win the district? Not sure I'm following that logic.

Like Moto says, there's a difference between being the favorite and being the clear cut favorite. There was nothing clear cut about last season, and nothing clear cut about this one either...yet.