Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

For convenience sake 1 more source and added perspective from Mo...

WRESTLING DUALS TITLES AGAIN

01 Feb 2014 Written by Maurice Patton | mopatton@tennessean.com

FRANKLIN

The Midstate's duals wrestling title drought reached four years Saturday as Wilson Central and Father Ryan fell in championship matches.

Wilson Central, making its second straight appearance in the Class AAA final, lost to Cleveland again. But this time it was 50-15, compared to 78-4 in 2013.

Father Ryan saw a 12-point swing in the fourth match and lost 36-26 to Baylor for the Division II title.

Since the current format was established in 2005, Father Ryan (DII, 2010) and Franklin (AAA, 2005) are the Midstate's only champions.

Father Ryan trailed 8-3 but looked ready to take a 9-8 lead when Jonathan Spenser had Baylor 285-pounder Will Thomas in position for a first-period pin. However, Thomas grabbed the back of Spenser's singlet -- a technical violation -- and action was stopped.

Thomas went on to pin Spenser, giving Baylor a 14-3 cushion, and Father Ryan didn't manage a lead until Chris Wesnofske's major decision at 132 pounds put the Irish ahead 21-18. Marcello Morrice won by technical fall at 145 for a 26-22 lead, but Baylor won the final three matches to seal the championship.

"That didn't beat us," Ryan coach Pat Simpson said of the call at 285. "We had our chances. We just didn't perform where we needed to. We'll go back to work Monday and see if we can win the individual tournament."

Wilson Central lost five straight matches to start and trailed 24-0 before Christian Cerrito decisioned Taylor Bishop 4-2 at 120.

The Wildcats looked poised to score again as Austin Richard went into overtime with Austin Stevison at 132. But in the extra period, what looked like a Richard takedown was ruled to be an illegal headscissors, giving Stevison a 7-6 win and Cleveland a 32-3 advantage.

Wilson Central's only wins from there came on Mike Binns' pin at 152 and Perry Baltz' forfeit at 182.

Said coach John Kramer: "We started with one of our best guys (junior 220-pounder John Kramer, the coach's son) losing. That set the tone for the match."

As for the Richard call, Kramer said:

"I saw a takedown. I didn't see a headscissors."

Ravenwood claimed a 38-29 win over Soddy Daisy in the Class AAA consolation final, finishing third for the second time in three years. The Raptors trailed 29-4 before winning the last seven matches.

Pins by Taylor Warren and Robin Klingensmith at 152 and 160 sparked the rally, and pins by Rex Shotts and Rhondell Walker at 220 and 285 wrapped up the victory.

"We were thinking, 'Let's win it,'" Shotts said of the team's mind-set before the comeback. "That's the one thing our coaches preach -- don't die easily. We definitely didn't."

In A/AA, Pigeon Forge defeated Greeneville 43-25 after finishing second each of the last three years.

White House, making its first state duals appearance, defeated Chattanooga Central 42-20 in the opening round of consolations before losing to Hixson 53-27. Alcoa defeated East Nashville 53-30 and Eagleville 39-34 in the consolations before falling 45-30 to Hixson for third place.

Franklin Road Academy won the first four matches against Battle Ground Academy and went on to a 51-19 victory for the Division II invitational title. FRA defeated Ensworth 43-19 in the semifinals, with BGA advancing with a 36-35 win over St. George's.

Yeah this is pretty much useless with all the copying stuff I agree with the other guy about the hole original thought idea. Lot of talk about peaking well i probly shouldnt comment on that cuz i thought yall were talking about something completly different.

I suppose some of our old Bradley folks know more than these guys who's name comes from their primary objective in a mediocre area of wrestling?

http://www.peakwc.com/

It was cleary head scissors and the secondary official was pointing at it as soon as it happened. Even if it wasn't head scissors there was no control on either side as both wrestlers had control of the other's leg and both lying on the mat. If a scramble didn't proceed then stalemate would have been called.

thanks for posting that soms, clearly a head scissors. Couldnt see it from where i was sitting. Funny how they say i must be blind or biased when the ref who was standing right there didnt even see it. happened pretty quick. hopefully that will be a match we get to see in the finals in two weeks. 2 tough kids going at it, cant ask for anything more.

• Upvote 2

I suppose some of our old Bradley folks know more than these guys who's name comes from their primary objective in a mediocre area of wrestling?

http://www.peakwc.com/

another fine example of why most people avoid a discussion with you.  sending the link to a wrestling club with that name in no way helps you answer the question I had. 

On another front, your copy and paste skills are the very best I have seen since visiting my son's class in the second grade.