Fargo AA

PUMMELKING

Michael Murphy, Trey Chalifoux, Chris Debien, and Justin Becci all won their first round matches in freestyle. Sammy Evans had a bye.

Chalifoux had the MN state freestyle champ and won a war, final score was somewhere around 19-17.

Unfortunately Debien just took his first lose to Taylor Lamont of Utah. Lamont actually finished 7th in Junior Greco yesterday but is back in the Cadet ranks today. Lamont was a folkstyle national champ where he beat Debien in the championship bracket.

Tough draw catching Lamont so early in the bracket. Chris will have a lot of matches to win to work his way back to the podium with such an early lose but the upper part of the pool looks somewhat navigable for now.

Edited by ghouse

Murphy and Chalifoux both just won. Murphy picked up a solid win over one of the other Greco AA's. That puts Murphy at 3-0 and Chalifoux 2-1. If I looked at the scenarios right Murphy should get a very tough Piotrowski from IL in the next round. I am not sure who Chalifoux has at this point.

Becci was teched and is out of the tournament now.

unfortunately, Debien got pinned by Devaney of Maryland. Chris was up 4-0 when he shot in and got stepped over for the fall. That ends his tournament. Definitely a tough finish to freestyle after the high of his Greco performance.

Murphy and Chalifoux both win again.

Chalifoux has an undefeated kid form OH next... would get the next bye if he stays alive.

Murphy has 1 lose Hutchison from Alaska... should be a very winnable match for Murphy based on my past experience with Hutchison. A 5-0 start would put Murphy in pretty good position moving forward.