Fargo AA

PUMMELKING

Michael Murphy wins 8-6 over Jacob Lizak of PA to finish 3rd in the nation at 106 in Cadet Freestyle. Murphy was 9-1 for the tournament with his lone lose coming to eventual champion Jack Mueller of Texas. Michael claims All-American status in both styles.

Trey Chalifoux wins by fall Over Chris Deloza of CA to finish 7th at 106 in Cadet Freestyle. Trey was 5-2 for the tournament.

Outstanding job by both wrestlers.

• Upvote 1

Ghouse,

Do you think it is likely that both Murphy and Chalifoux move to 113 for the 2013/2014 high school campaign?

I think it is posible you see the same very good group of kids at 113 that were at 106 last year: Chalifoux, Cornell, Murphy & Tidswell. I don't think any of them remain at 106.

I do think Chalifoux could move higher as I know he was a good but heavier this summer and Murphy has the frame to pack some muscle on if he wanted to.

Issue for most of those kids will be where their HS teams need them. Each of those teams likely has someone who wrestled heavier than those kids last season that could still occupy any spots heavier and those teams will be looking to maximize the right kids in the line-up.